Make No Mistake - The Goal is the Elimination of Gasoline and Diesel Powered Vehicles

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm going to be posting a lot more about what we as enthusiast can do to make sure our chosen hobby has a future free from onerous meddling by unelected bureaucrats.

This art installation at C.A.R.B.'s new HQ (which I'm hearing cost the CA tax payers $2.2M) tells the story of what they are planning.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Gotta mine for all the materials to make any of it. Read yesterday it takes on average the moving of 1/2 a million pounds of dirt just to yield enough material (minerals) to create the 6000 cell, 1000lb battery in a Tesla. There is a cure for stupid, but I’m not sure we have enough ammo stockpiled for it given how fast they reproduce.

Watch list here I come!:ROFLMAO:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
So if they kill off gas and diesel the demand for oil would plummet and most of the extraction and refining will stop. What do we think that would do for the cost of all the other petroleum based shit we use? You know, basically anything we don’t eat and some of what we do

blk02edge

Established Member
They'll have to pry the keys to my gas powered stuff out of my hands. I HATE EVs. They are boring and the whole deal about them being green is a fat ****ing lie.
They won't try and take your cars, what they will do is ban gas pumps. The future of ICE at a hobby level will be alcohol based or whatever it is Porsche is working on.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
We are having grid issues in KS. Yes, you read that right. Lowly old KS, population density 2 or whatever.

Power company was throttling power to the idiots who signed up for a free nest thermostat. And the commies that call themselves democrats want everyone on an electric car.

My god people wake the F up already.

bglf83

Established Member
I would be ok with electric stuff if I could rapid charge it like a gas car (100% in 5 minutes). I have read a couple of stories lately where people tried to take 1000 mile car trips in EVs and how bad it actually was.

Chargers not work or not available and taking significantly longer to charge than expected. Then getting lower mileage per charge if you are driving fast etc….

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I would be ok with electric stuff if I could rapid charge it like a gas car (100% in 5 minutes). I have read a couple of stories lately where people tried to take 1000 mile car trips in EVs and how bad it actually was.

Chargers not work or not available and taking significantly longer to charge than expected. Then getting lower mileage per charge if you are driving fast etc….
The surprise these people get after traveling 75 on the interstate… dumbasses.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I'm not sweating this stupid BS. I'll be long gone before this crap becomes law.

Besides, they cannot ban fuel burning engines. I have not seen electric planes. I have not seen electric ships or trains or semi trucks (Not saying they do not exist, but they are no where near converting to these modes of shipping/transportation).

Besides these EV's can barely go 300 miles on a charge so they claim. What's going to happen with 10 or 12 hour flights? What's going to happen to the trucking industry that moves the majority of our goods or even the shipping industry?

The greenhouse dumbasses have not thought this through completely. They are pushing one agenda.....cars. And as you guys mention these POS EV can't go long distances and there is no power grid to support a mass EV population.

So, "F" OFF with this mass EV BS and banning ICEs crap.

slowgreycobra

Established Member
So if they kill off gas and diesel the demand for oil would plummet and most of the extraction and refining will stop. What do we think that would do for the cost of all the other petroleum based shit we use? You know, basically anything we don’t eat and some of what we do
This is the problem with people that have childlike thinking. They can't see the second and third order effects of their actions. We use petroleum for so many other things that gas.

I read a science article a while back where a guy developed a process to make new petroleum using carbon and pressure while drawing it over a rare earth metal,. So, for all of those people crying about carbon you could start up a carbon capture scheme scam and make more fuel as you take the carbon out of the air. Then they can circle jerk themselves for being carbon neutral.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Not to be a conspiracy theorist but I do believe in some part there is a push to get people to move back to the cities where we can be controlled easier.

And if they ever do turn off the taps I guess it'll be time to go E100.

20Gal_1e07a8e2-3848-4abe-8795-530913f48590-1-1024x586.jpg

I'll ask again here, when is it time for pitchforks and torches?

It's long past that point.

mariusvt

Established Member
In my opinion, they are fully aware EV at the current infrastructure and technology level are incapable of replacing ICE 1:1. However I think that's kinda the point, take cars away from the poors and most middle class, force them to move closer to public transit, etc. They don't want to just eliminate ICE vehicle, they want to reduce the total amount of cars on the road too.

Users who are viewing this thread