MAK performance Cat Deletes...

PIKE5.0

Established Member
My MAK cat delete w/3" connect is on the way. Hitting the dyno tomorrow with E85 tune, JLT CAI, MBRP Race catback for what will be my baseline numbers lol. I'll go back to the same dyno after the MAK install and post the results.

PIKE5.0

Established Member
You guys that have installed this cat delete, did you cut/weld with the drivers side manifold on the car? Or did you take it off? I'm hoping on the car. I would've just bought headers if I knew I was still taking manifolds off.

Also, my car put down 415hp/382tq saturday. On the same dyno stock, numbers were 375hp/363tq. Nice 40hp/20tq gain from just JLT CAI, MBRP Race catback, LU47's, E85 St00pidfast tune by Jason Herrera (no, sorry Jason isn't open to doing remote tuning as of now).

bmaxwell

Established Member
Solid gains from this mod but definitely was not expecting to see that price tag. I'm with beefcake on just saving a little more for LTs. Definitely interesting to see what they did for your car tho

PIKE5.0

Established Member
I've had mine on for a couple weeks now. Monsoon stopped, so should hit the dyno this week. Raced a stock '15 prior to the mod, and ran him again yesterday. Pretty good difference.

AdrianMAK

You guys that have installed this cat delete, did you cut/weld with the drivers side manifold on the car? Or did you take it off? I'm hoping on the car. I would've just bought headers if I knew I was still taking manifolds off.

Also, my car put down 415hp/382tq saturday. On the same dyno stock, numbers were 375hp/363tq. Nice 40hp/20tq gain from just JLT CAI, MBRP Race catback, LU47's, E85 St00pidfast tune by Jason Herrera (no, sorry Jason isn't open to doing remote tuning as of now).

The install can be done with the header on the car, no need to remove the manifold. The flange gets welded from the inside.

PIKE5.0

Established Member
I know I said I've have an update with dyno stuff. And I will in a couple weeks.

Car is in the body shop now, then its getting OPG's/Crank Gears/RXT.. And I replaced the MBRP catback with ARH catback. So I'll have some sound vid updates. It's getting a dyno tune right after those parts are installed. So probably 3 weeks from now.

DanenGraham

Established Member
Does anyone have a sound clip of the factory mufflers and the cat delete. There are videos of the resonator delete and stock mufflers, but I haven't been able to find a cat delete video. I'm thinking that the stock mufflers with the cat delete and resonator delete would sound awesome, so if you have that or seen a video of that please post it up.

Digital_Synapse

Established Member
Dyno sheet.

1st run stock, 391rwhp baseline pull.
2nd run stock plus tune, +9rwhp over stock tune alone. :(
3rd run tune plus exhaust, +20rwhp over tune, but +29rwhp over stock. :)

Same day runs.

21315626638_c7af7af28e_h.jpg

Last pull

[video=youtube;dSqyQSNYjl8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSqyQSNYjl8[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread