Major Supplier Issues Cut Projected MY2021 Bronco Production by 75%

Major Supplier Issues Cut Projected MY2021 Bronco Production by 75%

2021_Bronco_007.jpg

We’ve seen this one coming for a while. The ravages of the Covid pandemic have reached the supply chain for new Ford Bronco production. As of now only an estimated 25% of current reservation holders will receive a MY21 Bronco. Total 2021 model production is projected to be ~60,000 units.

Today is the first true day to order, though the order banks did open last night. We have been told the following:

Dealerships will be contacting customers today to tell them where they stand on their list, as far as timestamps go, because that will determine whether they will receive a MY21 or a MY22. The timestamps matter per the individual dealership. So if a certain dealership had the first 100 reservations in the entire country, it would still only get 25 of them, with the other 75 being pushed until MY22 (or in reality MY23 as well).

For customers having to wait for MY22 they are going to receive different options. Body paint to match roof options, interiors, exterior colors and more special editions. Pricing for MY22 will not hold constant to MY21 pricing, but "the Bronco team" is still working on an answer for that".

For anyone that has a buildable MY21 order, they will convert their reservation to an order between now and March 19th, and receive an ETA of delivery in May. For those who will most likely get a MY22, they will convert their reservations to orders later in the summer and MY22 production will begin in December.

For many of us looking forward to having a new Bronco in our driveway, it looks like the wait could be quite a bit longer than originally expected. This news will also undoubtedly lead to significant additional dealer markups in many markets. With demand being incredibly strong and the projected near-term supply being slashed by 75%, market forces will likely send early released models to near GT500 price levels. For now, it’s all a waiting game.

Last edited:
Supply disruption is affecting all makes and models. I have never seen pickup inventory so low for so long at the dealerships in my area. It is jarring to see when driving by.

You're free to think that way, but I wouldn't consider it price gouging. I would definitely think of it as price inflation, or a pricing correction.

If you were to sell your house today, would you want to list it for a number that it would sell for in 5 minutes, or would you want to list it at a significantly higher number and sell it in 2-3 weeks?
I hope people walk away from the gouge. No one needs this junk 4cyl that bad. I’m not buying anything until it’s below sticker. Never have never will.

Dealers need to disappear. Why do we need a middle man when buying a car? I should be able to order directly from Ford. Hopefully price gouging will be the end of the stealership as we know it.

75% of people are going to walk away! Walk right into a Jeep dealership. Ford dropping the ball here only hurts sales.

Again, your prerogative.

Dealerships are here to stay, whether you like it or not.

Again, your prerogative.

Dealerships are here to stay, whether you like it or not.

Yup. Just like these guys used to say:

"VCR repair shops are here to stay, whether you like it or not."

"Vacuum cleaner repair shops are here to stay, whether you like it or not."

"Pay Phone repair shops are here to stay, whether you like it or not."

"TV repair shops are here to stay, whether you like it or not."

Its all a matter of time

Its all a matter of time
Poor analogies. Improved technology made the services you mention obsolete.

we don’t use pay phones or VCR’s anymore, but we all drive automobiles.

Its all a matter of time

Did a VCR, Pay Phone, or TV repair store provide hundreds of thousands of jobs across the country?

Did a VCR, Pay Phone, or TV repair store provide sponsorships for every local sports team, theater, etc etc?

Did a VCR, Pay Phone, or TV repair store provide hundreds of millions of dollars of taxable income?

VCRs are outdated technology. No one uses them.
TVs are so cheap, you might as well buy a new one. No one can make money working on them.
Pay Phones are irrelevant thanks to Obama who gave out millions of dollars of free phones to welfare recipients.

Users who are viewing this thread