• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Major Mod | The Whipple Supercharger for the 7.3L Godzilla V8 is Here

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Mar 24, 2020.

1. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

It's going to be fun.

2. Fordfourlife

Fordfourlife Active Member Established Member

How long before ford supercharges one factory and throws it in the Raptor? Im real interested to see how it will handle towing 20k over a extended period of time, if they can get the heat under control it will be a home run imo.

gm kilr likes this.
  3. lhill1995

lhill1995 New Member Established Member

I don't think there will be an issue with heat. they are using the larger intercooler. with the super duty there is plenty of room for a large heat exchanger and even a killer chiller for down south. I remember the 454's and 8.1l engines getting supercharged and having no issues towing. I even know a welder that has a supercharged 8.1l in his welding rig. he still drives it and pulls his 5th wheel with that truck. I'm sure he is well over 20k lbs.
    just to add, I plan to get an extended cab dually stx 4x4 with the 7.3 and supercharging it next year if work doesn't crash due to this damn virus. I plan to pull 20k or more lbs with it from time to time whether it be equipment or hay. honestly I don't see why I would be pushing it that hard very often. so long as the transmission still downshifts it's not like you will be pedal to the floor. ftl didn't seem to have a hard time holding 60mph up ike with 16k lbs in tow in stock trim.
    just my thoughts. however I am always up to hear someone else's experiences.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    me32 likes this.
  4. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member

Great article and video, Sid. I will bet a whole lot of truck guys are going to salivate and drool after hearing about this awesome combo. Yep!
    upload_2020-3-27_18-43-21.png

me32 likes this.
  5. SID297

If there's enough room for the factory air-to-water intercooler system for the PSD I'm sure Whipple will be fine.

6. lhill1995

lhill1995 New Member Established Member

did they offer any idea of when they will have final numbers or a kit available?

7. SID297

Looks like a Fall release.