Maiontenance Question - 03 Cobra

GA Terminator

Established Member
Need some maint advise. My 03 coupe is pretty much a garage queen as it has 6500 miles on the clock. My question is based on time, not total miles, and the car being 6 years old, should I flush my coolant? I also think I should change the plugs as well. Thanks in advvance.

futureSVT

Established Member
yea i would do the coolant just too keep everything clean. because coolant dose have a life span. i would just pull the plugs to check them and see but i doubt they are needing to be changed

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
If you arent hitting all of the mileage milestones, then you should stick to the monthly schedule in the owners manual, IE; 5yrs or 60K miles.

moonltgold

2-3 years on the coolant -- it has a life span life regardless. And throw in a bottle of Redline Water-wetter. Coolany mix only with distilled water. Do your HE/intercooler coolant as well with same interval, and add a botttle of Water-Wetter to that too. Cooling is the achilles heal with these guys so you might as well give it the best maintenance. Might also be a good time to pick up one of those new 170* T-stats. I just did all this yesterday with my 12,000 mile garage queen.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
2-3 years on the coolant -- it has a life span life regardless. And throw in a bottle of Redline Water-wetter. Coolany mix only with distilled water. Do your HE/intercooler coolant as well with same interval, and add a botttle of Water-Wetter to that too. Cooling is the achilles heal with these guys so you might as well give it the best maintenance. Might also be a good time to pick up one of those new 170* T-stats. I just did all this yesterday with my 12,000 mile garage queen.

Water Wetter is a good idea, but these doses are a bit much. I'd say at most 4oz in the intercooler coolant and splash the other 8oz to a full bottle in the radiator. It really depends on what your coolant/water ratio is. Just read the instruction on the bottle, very informative on the proper ratios. Too much WW gives you serious bubble action that takes a while to go away. Either way, too much isn't necessarily a good thing.

moonltgold

Water Wetter is a good idea, but these doses are a bit much. I'd say at most 4oz in the intercooler coolant and splash the other 8oz to a full bottle in the radiator. It really depends on what your coolant/water ratio is. Just read the instruction on the bottle, very informative on the proper ratios. Too much WW gives you serious bubble action that takes a while to go away. Either way, too much isn't necessarily a good thing.

Maybe. I haven't had any problems. But then again I have the Gords HE which takes an extra gallon over stock so my ratio does get thinned out a little.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
do your trans fluid, you'll be surprized at the crap that comes out in the end of the drain, if its never been drained before

GA Terminator

Established Member
Thanks guys for all of the good advise. Did my trans with GM synchromesh, flushed all of the coolant andded the redline water wetter and then discovered that I had a bad seal in my ac compressor and lost the charge. This is the second time I have lost an ac seal, the last time was on the discharge side. You would think that Ford could make a decent seal.

SpectorV

Established Member
brake fluid and power steering, its not as big of a deal if its kept in a climate controlled area, but they say they absorb water over time and you need to flush them every 5 years~

Users who are viewing this thread