Maintenance Suggestions

GA Terminator

Established Member
My 03 Cobra is basically a garage queen. I have 6300 miles on the clock and wanted to make sure I was keeping up with any maintenance since it is 5 years old. I do change the oil and filter, no based on miles but time, every six months. I plan to change the t56 trans fluid shortly, but wanted to know if I should be doing other things as well, like flushing the coolant, plugs ect. Any of your usual good suggestions are very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Juruense

Banned
Brake fluid absorbs water over time, it should be changed annually regardless of mileage.

You might consider the fuel filter but it is probably not necessary.

With a car sitting that much you need to be thinking about dry rot and mice and how to prevent them. I suggest D-Con for the mice and 303 Aerospace Protectant for the dry rot.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Change ALL the fluids

I just went through the same items:

Flush / Fill:

Radiator, Heat Exchanger, Supercharger, Power Steering system, Brake system, go ahead and add the S.S. Front Brake Lines at that time, a big improvement in braking feel, Transmission, and Rear Diff. I also added the B.F. Brace. I changed to synthetic where applicable, made a big Trans. improvement. It is based on time, not miles. I have a very early build, so it was 6 years from manufacture.

Users who are viewing this thread