Maier Racing Mustangs

blacksheep-1

Established Member
FWIW here's what those Maier flairs look like on a not so modified FOX body

DSC_0719_zpsc4b3ff6c.jpg

DSC_0722_zps0b8f8d00.jpg

KILRSVT

Established Member
The silver new edge belongs to my buddy Ricardo that's a fast car the yellow fox mustang or as mike calls it ol yeller is a c mod car I believe he's one of the best drivers and knows how to set up a mustang for auto x. I've dealt with them on my cobra got nothing but good things to say about them

Boss002

Established Member
I love the look of both of them. Ricardo's new edge looks sweet ! I am planning on doing the maier flares and spoilers on my 02 when I plan on running CP. I would like to see more pictures/vids and details about Ricardo's new edge.

rickdb

Established Member
Details on ricardo's sn-95

It's a 2001 gt, has a built aluminum block 4.6 (still 281 c.i.). Heads and cams with a k.b. 2.6 (548/523ft.lbs to the tires pump gas!). The carbon fiber pieces; (vented hood,vented front fenders, vented rear flares(just put on), front splitter, rear decklid, are all maier pieces. My car was the test car for all these pieces, which i believe are "all" available at this time! The picture of my car on the maier site has evolved since then, the you tube video is the latest with the exception of the carbon vented rear flares which i just put on. The car is still a coilover strut car (front) with 315's and panard bar rear with 335's out back. Mike maier has tuned the suspension since day one, the car is competetive with the vette's, porsche's, bmw's if and when the driver brings out the full potential. Hey maier, how about an sla set-up for the front to really give em hell?

rickdb

Established Member
Adding to ricardo's sn-95

Just forgot to throw in a little tid bit; six point (welded) roll cage by maier racing, it really helped that chassis out alot! I also have the ultra shield seats. Stock interior remains with the exception of rear seat delete. Still street legal, drive back and forth to the events.

Boss002

Established Member
Dang ! That is one nice sounding new edge. I would love to have some carbon on my car to save some weight and especially some flares to cover my 315s. I think I'll stay in ESP for now , and when I got money go to cp for competiveness.

Also which ultra shield seats and what size are they and umm you ? Haha , I am lookin at getting the rally sports for my car , and still not set on a size. I'm thinking 17.

Last edited:

rickdb

Established Member
Yes, i have the rally sport 17's. Maier racing made some rails for the seats, and all i can tell is that i am sitting on the floor basically. The positive side to this was that the center of gravity was really lowered as opposed to the stock rails, and yes it made a difference especially when the car was transitioning
in slaloms or closely spaced lefts and rights!

Boss002

Established Member
Could I get some more pics of ricardo's car, if anyone has them. I am really loving that look, but its hard finding any up to date pics or vids of it .

KILRSVT

Established Member
I have only 2 of then pm your email and I'll send them to you or you can pm rickdb since he is the owner.....nice to see you dropped by in here Ricardo hopefully I'll be out there with another car. How's kavros doin in his OSP endeavor ?

rickdb

Established Member
There is an auto-x event at marina airport next sat/sun june 1st & 2nd. I am planning on taking pictures/video of the car with matching vented rear flares added! I will post early next week.

rickdb

Established Member
It's an american autox event, so the course will most likely be extra fast and maybe even third gear for some cars! I will definately be there sunday june 2nd, not sure about saturday! If you go sunday come by and speak, be happy to help out a first timer! (SORRY), maybe the first time for the M5 but not the driver.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread