magnetic black out strip....

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
for the rear decklid. How strong is the magnet??? Im sure if someone catches on theyll just steal it. But for the cost its really no big deal to me. I just dont want to look stupid if it flys off in the freeway. Last thing anyone wants is crap flying off their car :kaboom:

id get a decal....but im talentless when it comes to applying them. Did it once before on another car and it was bubbles galore! hahaha.

talking about this btw http://www.latemodelrestoration.com.../2010-Mustang-Magnetic-Decklid-Blackout-Panel

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
since you dont want to try applying a decal, have you considered Plasti-dipping your deck lid panel?

mikestoyz

Established Member
since you dont want to try applying a decal, have you considered Plasti-dipping your deck lid panel?

Thats a brilliant idea!!! I need to get some of this stuff and experiment. I wish they made a dark grey color....I think Id like my wheels a bit darker.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I have it. It works just fine. It does not hold super well on the top corners, but it doesn't blow off the car or anything. From 10 feet you can't tell it is not paint. Plus, it peels right off...because it is a magnet. Nothing permanent. I would like to get mine wrapped professionally though, along with the roof.

Mike

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
vinyl carbon fiber... goes on just like any color. if you cant afford to paint the deck lid then this is a good alternative.

DSC_0127.jpg

Stangrocka

Infant SVT Poster
Established Member
for the rear decklid. How strong is the magnet??? Im sure if someone catches on theyll just steal it. But for the cost its really no big deal to me. I just dont want to look stupid if it flys off in the freeway. Last thing anyone wants is crap flying off their car :kaboom:

id get a decal....but im talentless when it comes to applying them. Did it once before on another car and it was bubbles galore! hahaha.

talking about this btw 2010-2012 Mustang Magnetic Decklid Blackout Panel, Black at LRS - Free Shipping!

As little wind as you get on the decklid, it should stick on fine, just look at how much dust settles back there..

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
vinyl carbon fiber... goes on just like any color. if you cant afford to paint the deck lid then this is a good alternative.

DSC_0127.jpg

I had the magnetic panel and I liked it....then I saw the above CF piece and tried it myself. It did not turn out so well, I cut the CF too short on the bottom! But it is an easy fix, only costs $10 for the 12"x36" piece of CF to redo it.

Users who are viewing this thread