magnapacks

Blown85

Established Member
Ive got h-pipe with magnapacks. Car is crazy loud! Need to tone this down a little. Can I just take out the magnapack mufflers and swap in regular magnaflows? Is that my best option to quiet this down a little?

Coosawjack

Established Member
That should help depending on the other exhaust components or lack thereof!!:)

I have a like new pair of OEM mufflers off of my 2014 5.0 if all else fails!!;)

Recon

Established Member
Worked on a GTO that had Magnapacks. Owner had some resonators welded in and it quieten the car down quiet a bit. Might try that resonators won't be an expensive option.

Sent from somewhere in the Twilight Zone.

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
Is your catback the IRS Magnaflow? If so, the magnapack mufflers, assuming you have part # 104016, can be swapped out easily and you can use the standard magnaflow mufflers that came with your cat-back.

Blown85

Established Member
Is your catback the IRS Magnaflow? If so, the magnapack mufflers, assuming you have part # 104016, can be swapped out easily and you can use the standard magnaflow mufflers that came with your cat-back.

Not sure, the exhaust came on the car. I know its got magnapacks and it has magnaflow exhaust tips. Ill have to get under and take a look. Also, Ive got a Solid axle.

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
Not sure, the exhaust came on the car. I know its got magnapacks and it has magnaflow exhaust tips. Ill have to get under and take a look. Also, Ive got a Solid axle.

Since it's an SRA catback, you'll need a custom weld since the tailpipes tend (s) to connect to the mufflers at an angle. That's what I did when I swapped out the regular mufflers on my magnaflow cat-back. I loved the sound of the 'packs with bassani x. I have a clip of it.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Imo for a straight thru muffler like you've got you really need to ditch the H and get an X. H pipe is for more of a chambered muffler like flowmaster or mac.

But back to topic, I have a buddy that had an sra regular magnaflow kit and he swapped his standard mufflers to 'packs with no modifications to the pipes. Said it bolted right in. So you should be good.

MagnaFlow

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Blown, we would recommend a set of our larger 4x9x14 or 5x8x14 oval mufflers. These will reduce volume quite a bit for a more streetable sound. If you have any questions about sizing, please feel free to contact us!

mstangtony

Established Member
Ive got h-pipe with magnapacks. Car is crazy loud! Need to tone this down a little. Can I just take out the magnapack mufflers and swap in regular magnaflows? Is that my best option to quiet this down a little?

Hey Blown85

I'm looking for magnapack mufflers. If you want to trade. I have the magnaflow mufflers. They are quieter. Same brand name.

Users who are viewing this thread