Magnapack mufflers

4601S/C

Established Member
I am getting bored with my Flowmaster catback, and I'm thinking about changing things up a little. I have a stock H, which I plan on keeping along with my Flow tubes. I am thinking Magnapacks (10416) fit the bill so far. There are plenty of videos I have found for these mufflers with aftermarket mid-pipes, but finding the stock H with Magnapack combo on a Terminator is proving nearly impossible. I have found several video's of Magnapacks with the stock H on Mach's and GT's. I even found a couple of videos of them on a 99 Cobra with a stock H. The one decent video I found of a 2003 Cobra was pretty much ruined by music and poor timing. Nearly all of the videos with the combo I want are recorded poorly of the driver just sits there reving half the RPM range instead of the full range.

If anyone has this combo (Magnapacks with a stock catted H pipe) please post up a video or what you think about the combo.

For reference: offroad mid-pipes with almost any catback is too loud for my tastes, which is why I'm keeping the stock H. I'm hoping the Magnapacks will be about 1.5-2 times as loud as my Flowmasters (Super 40's) at WOT. Everything I've read seems to label them as being pretty tame until you get serious with the throttle, which is exactly the behavior I'm looking for.

EDIT: Well I ended up ordering the mufflers. I will post my experiences once I get them installed (sometime before spring hits hopefully).

Last edited:

ironreaper23

Established Member
It's not the same, but I just installed Magnaflow Catback #15644 with a stock H pipe. If you want a video let me know.

4601S/C

Established Member
Thanks for the offer, but there are a couple of really good 5. 0 magnapack axleback/cutback videos I already saw.

4601S/C

Established Member
Just got the Magnapacks installed, and I love them. They have a great, clean muscle sound to them. They are plenty loud when you want them to be (a LOT louder than the Flows were), but not obnoxious. I do miss my blower whine a bit, but I can still hear it. Drone is not the same as the Flows, but it's still there.
[video=youtube;v4Scx-yLFhY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Scx-yLFhY[/video]

Last edited:

N20JUNKY

Established Member
Just got the Magnapacks installed, and I love them. They have a great, clean muscle sound to them. They are plenty loud when you want them to be (a LOT louder than the Flows were), but not obnoxious. I do miss my blower whine a bit, but I can still hear it. Drone is a bit less than the Flows as well.
[video=youtube;v4Scx-yLFhY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Scx-yLFhY[/video]

Did you just have them welded into the flow master catback? Have any pics?

Users who are viewing this thread