Magnaflow vs Magnapack 10416 mufflers

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Packs hands down with a catted pipe. Regular magnaflows with a stock h would be so quiet.

I've got a magnapack catback for a cobra for sale btw if you are interested feel free to pm me.

Nolimit

Established Member
He is being sarcastic, I run off road x pipe with magnapacks in Cali and sounds amazing. I'm going long tubes and straight piping later.

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
My car had a Magnaflow cat back exhaust on it with stock h pipe when I bought it. It was surprisingly louder than I expected especially after driving it home for 14 hours. With the top down it was even louder and had a little bit of drone with the top up.

I just swapped the stock h pipe out for a catted Magnaflow x pipe and it has maintained the same loudness under 2,500 RPM's but the drone is gone and the note of the exhaust is way cleaner. Of course at higher RPM's it sounds even better. I'm happy with the sound. I have 2 chamber flowmasters and an off road Bassani x pipe on my 5.0 S/C fox and it is too loud and smells terrible.

Keep the cats and find a muffler that works for you. Maybe you can find another muffler that will fit with the Magnaflow intermediate and tail pipes. Flowmasters 2 chamber?

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
He is being sarcastic, I run off road x pipe with magnapacks in Cali and sounds amazing. I'm going long tubes and straight piping later.

Not really. With no cats it sounds like a z71 or dump truck. Stingers or the regular chambered magnaflows.

svtaddict

Established Member
i have longtubes highflow catted h and magnapacks and it sounds awesome it actually has a tone to it. magnaflows just sound like noise i will never run regular magnaflows on an 03-04 cobra. they are a waste of money. if you want nice chambered mufflers get the quiet borlas.

Users who are viewing this thread