~ Magnaflow Competition

yeller1

Established Member
for you kiddies with a drone issue, here's what i did. I wanted the mac axleback and I knew they droned. So, I had some "J" pipes welded into my setup. They're adjustable so where ever any drone existed I adjusted until the drone was negated. Had a similar system on my G8GT with severe drone. Took care of it completely. Only cost about $150 and I got to use the mufflers I wanted. They do not change the sound of the mufflers. Here's what it looks like. You can see the adjustments (marker pen) I made on the last pic. Only adjusted by 1/8 " at a time.

jpipes5.gif

jpipes4.gif

jpipes3.gif

jpipes2.gif

jpipes1-1.gif

Last edited:

yeller1

Established Member
It looks pretty busy with the h and side pipes but it totally works. A shop in Buffalo did the work. They specialized in G8's and Pontiac solstice. With how well they worked in my G8 GT I figured they could fix me up with the stang. In essence I could change to any muffler and if they drone I can tune it out. If I sell the car the h-pipe is styling with me.

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
oops. sorry, totally missed the $ posted earlier. Well worth it to get rid of the damn drone!
I dont think its a hijack. Lots of people with the Comp catback complain of drone, you just posted a way to fix that issue :)

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
Just and update, installed Lethal O/R X and it did not help the situation at all. 15 minutes and $40 bucks later a muffler shop had me straightened out, cut an inch or so off the x-pipe to move the pipes forward and my axle rubbing issue is gone, as well as my tips are now centered.

Nuar

Established Member
Wow. Thats all it took? Just moved the whole catback back??
How did the pipe affect the drone?

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
Did not address drone at all, this was just to fix the fitment issues. My way of addressing the drone is to turn the radio up.

Users who are viewing this thread