~ Magnaflow Competition

Nuar

Established Member
I ordered the 13 GT version of the catback the other day, should have it this weekend and will report on wither or not i have clearance issues over the axle. I thought i read somehwhere the revised version for 13 was suppose to help with the clearance issue. We will see

PLEASE do.
I have that exact catback on the car now and i have sportlines waiting to go in when i take the car our in the spring. Im worried ill have issues. Hope not.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
well got mine installed today, getting it lined up so far is a PIA and i will have to mess with it some more tomorrow. I will say the clearance issue is still there, while there is clearance while lowered you can faintly hear it over bigger bumps(even though i have my suspension set pretty stiff). I also noticed the pipe is very close to what looks to be a vent or bleader of some time on the drivers side of the axle. Im gonna mess with it some more tomorrow and if i need to will take it to shop to be modified to fit correctly. For the price i found it for(less than 700 new) Id be ok with having to get it fitted.

Also Jedi not sure whats up with yours, but mine is extremly loud even with just the catback, i havent even installed the offroad X yet which i know will open it up even more.

Nuar

Established Member
well got mine installed today, getting it lined up so far is a PIA and i will have to mess with it some more tomorrow. I will say the clearance issue is still there, while there is clearance while lowered you can faintly hear it over bigger bumps(even though i have my suspension set pretty stiff). I also noticed the pipe is very close to what looks to be a vent or bleader of some time on the drivers side of the axle. Im gonna mess with it some more tomorrow and if i need to will take it to shop to be modified to fit correctly. For the price i found it for(less than 700 new) Id be ok with having to get it fitted.

Also Jedi not sure whats up with yours, but mine is extremly loud even with just the catback, i havent even installed the offroad X yet which i know will open it up even more.

Crap, i had a feeling there would still be problems.
Do you think a shop can fit it better? What shop are you thinking of to do the job?

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
I got back out there and did some more adjusting to it and almost got it all lined up, but i cant seem to get the passenger side right. I think a shop would def be able to get it lined up better than i, but im going to wait until i install my Xpipe before i fix it. The minor clunk on the axle doesnt bother me as much as getting the tips to line up right. Plus the drone around 2k kinda drowns out any other noise you would possibly have in the car other than the radio turned up all the way. Hope catless clears that up.

Hell on my 04 cobra my Borla rear pipes would hit speedbumps and dips all the time.

Laztug

Established Member

Chris_Red_V8

Shiny.
Established Member
I'm going to be selling mine if anyone's interested. PM me.

(had it modded by and installed by magnaflow at their socal facility to better fit in situations where you're heavily lowered).

Nuar

Established Member
I'm going to be selling mine if anyone's interested. PM me.

(had it modded by and installed by magnaflow at their socal facility to better fit in situations where you're heavily lowered).

Any chance you could post pics of what and how was modded on the exhaust?

Nuar

Established Member
I got back out there and did some more adjusting to it and almost got it all lined up, but i cant seem to get the passenger side right. I think a shop would def be able to get it lined up better than i, but im going to wait until i install my Xpipe before i fix it. The minor clunk on the axle doesnt bother me as much as getting the tips to line up right. Plus the drone around 2k kinda drowns out any other noise you would possibly have in the car other than the radio turned up all the way. Hope catless clears that up.

Hell on my 04 cobra my Borla rear pipes would hit speedbumps and dips all the time.

Problem is, the clunk you hear will throw the whole thing out of allignment all over again :(

CshiznitzJ

Established Member
Problem is, the clunk you hear will throw the whole thing out of allignment all over again :(

My driver side use to get misaligned after the axle would hit it several times while driving. I have modified mine several times. Shortening at the coupling to shift the over axle pipes forward to center the hump over the axle helped. After installing JBA longtubes and x pipe, I had to cut a .5-.75 "section out of the over axle pipes (in the straight portion). I finally removed the over axle pipes and heated the area that was contacting the axle with torch and hot worked the tube to gain more clearance. I used another large thicker pipe to transmit the load from the hammer where it didn't completely look like ass.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member

Once the Xpipe is installed ill take it to a shop and have them modify it to fit correctly. Ive only installed one exhaust ever that has fit correctly without modification required.

Chris_Red_V8

Shiny.
Established Member
magnaflow-22.jpg

Nuar

Established Member
Thanks for the pic. Who ever modified it, did a damn good job. I have no idea what was changed! Lol
Can you point it out?

Chris_Red_V8

Shiny.
Established Member
right beneath the axle tag you can see the 2" section of tube that was welded in. They cut there and extended the pipe upwards towards the body. Required slight reclocking of the mufflers and the hangars were slightly modified, but I'm not sure that was all necessary. Magnaflow is obsessive about fit. the Jig they used to align the tips on my car was nuts, and the tech took over an hour to get it just right. (too bad I've since moved them from installing/removing stuff, I think they'd come after me for admitting that, lol).

Nuar

Established Member
Lol nice. They did a hell of a job on that. Wish i could get mine modified like that. I love the way this exhaust sounds :/

Chris_Red_V8

Shiny.
Established Member
I loved the sound too, until I removed the cats. I should throw them back on, but I feel like I make more power without them. Just the noise level is too loud to run some of the local road courses here in AZ. People are just too sensitive to the song of our people.

Users who are viewing this thread