Magnaflow Catback with 4" Tips Installed!

JR_Cobra

Established Member
After much research on this site, I finally decided on a catback. I wanted more muscle than stock when I punch it, but tame when cruising.

Special thanks to Bingo13 for turning me on to Kinney's Muffler in Bedford, TX. What a shop this is! Beautiful showroom, very clean with an extremely professional staff. I felt more like I was buying a Lexus than a muffler! Kirk (owner) was fantastic. He took the time to find out exactly what I wanted and delivered it perfectly. We looked at several tips on the car and decided on the DTS Sport 4" tip. I am thrilled with the workmanship, the sound, the service and the look. I can't recommend Kinney's strongly enough.

Here's couple of pics:

Last edited:

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
JR_Cobra...

First off, those tips look bad azz. What size are the stock ones again?

Second, what kind of wheels are those! I've seen them everywhere, except a catalog.

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
What does your whole system consist of. Is it basically a regular Magnaflow C/B with different tips, or did you also get an X pipe and different mufflers, such as the Magnapacks?

Orange Poison

Established Member
Originally posted by cydewaze
Second, what kind of wheels are those! I've seen them everywhere, except a catalog.

Dude, come on....you gotta know those are Cobra 10th Annv. wheels?......if you know a smiggin' of '03 Cobras, you would know them!

;-) j/k....just givin' you a hard time.

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by cydewaze
JR_Cobra...

First off, those tips look bad azz. What size are the stock ones again?

I think the rims are stock 10th Anniv. edition. And those tips look great.

NCStanger

Established Member
$650 is kinda high isn't it for the Magnaflows? I heard catbacks from them were around $350 tops. Tips being different would understandable raise it a bit more, but what was labor like $200?

JR_Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments!

The price included stainless Magnaflow mufflers, tail pipes, larger flo tubes and the stainless tips (the tips were $150 - and worth it, IMHO!). The labor was $100.

I may get an X-pipe later, but I'm very happy with the system as it is now.

Can you believe Kinney's Muffler called just to make sure I was happy with the system? Yes, they now have my business for life!

And, yes, the rims are 10th Anniversary.

Jeff

blk96SVT

Established Member
Those are awesome looking tips man!!! Do they make 3.5 tips!?!? I would really be interested in those! Good looking car btw! Are they stainless too?

Tim

Last edited:

JR_Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by blk96SVT
Those are awesome looking tips man!!! Do they make 3.5 tips!?!? I would really be interested in those! Good looking car btw! Are they stainless too?

Tim

Yes, I think we looked at the 3.5". They are stainless. Call Kirk at Kinney's - 877-851-4356.

Last edited:

blk96SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by JR_Cobra
Yes, I think we looked at the 3.5". They are stainless. Call Kirk at Kinney's - 877-851-4356.

Will do. Did you watch the install on the tips? Did they weld them on or are they the same setup as Magnaflow has with the adjustable tips? Thanks, I will give him a call!

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison
Dude, come on....you gotta know those are Cobra 10th Annv. wheels?......if you know a smiggin' of '03 Cobras, you would know them!

;-) j/k....just givin' you a hard time.
LOL! Actually, I know nothing about the Cobras other than what I've learned in the past month. In '95 I traded my '86 5.0 LX in for a Z28. About a year ago, while thinking about replacing the Z, I test-drove a Mustang GT, and was very un-impressed. So, I've kind of been ignoring Ford.

A few months ago, I got a new job that pays almost double what my last one paid, so I decided to get myself a new car for Xmas. That's when a buddy recommended I look at a Cobra. The decision to get one wasn't difficult. ;)

I really, really like those 10th anniv wheels, but I'm afraid I'll have to settle for knocl-offs. I really want 10" wides in the back. I'll keep checking the wheel catalogs for imitations.

Users who are viewing this thread