Magnaflow Catalytic Converter Question

FunkyBoss

Established Member
I'm welding a set of Magnaflow Catalytic Converters onto my O/R H and have a quick question. Does anyone know if the converters have an inlet and outlet side, or can they be welded on either way? When I look into the cat, one side has an EU stamped on it, my first impression was that was the Exit end, I just want to confirm before I start welding. Thanks in advance!

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
As long as both ends of the cat are the same diameter, I don't think it matters which way they go. Just be sure to weld them with the heat shield facing the bottom of the car, not the ground. I'd call Magnaflow or a local performance exhaust shop just to verify though.

FunkyBoss

Established Member
That was the conclusion I came to as one one of the cats didn't have the EU stamp at all. I finally finished, heat sheilds up, but my welds leak a tiny bit. The funny thing though, so do some of the factory welds. As long as it doesn't throw a code, it will do. I may wrap it with some exhaust tape if it gives me trouble. As for sound, it's right were I wanted it, awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread