Magnaflow Cat back, Which Mid?

Strungoutt

Established Member
Hey there guys, ive mad my cobra for a little over 6 months now and im considering getting an X pipe for the beast.

By the end of the year i also plan giving it a port/pully. Thanks guys. :rockon:

Last edited:

astippich

Established Member
I'd recommend magnaflow's x over bassani. True x sounds better than stamped x IMO.

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
I'm in the same situation. I have the Magnapacks welded in though, so whatever I end up going with will be quite loud. Leaning ever so close over that Bassani X ledge. (The stainless steel 5 piece unit, which lets you remove/replace the cats)

Thought about the Maggie Catted X or the MRT Catted H.

Have been told an H = Muscle car rumble

and an X = Exotic car growl

Both pipes go for nearly the same $500.00

If I go with the X, I would have to buy a pair of 02 Sensor extensions.

Let me know what you end up going with bro!
Modding is fun, except when you have a million opinions and pros and cons coming at you from every direction. To put it in perspective, It's been almost 2 months and I have yet to pull the trigger. Tax return time will make it a lot easier to mod for the $$$$$$$$PRING! Weather is starting to be nice, so It's time to pound the pavement. :rockon:

Good luck on your choice :beer:

Last edited:

astippich

Established Member
Another good option is the slp x. It is a 5 piece true x design in stainless with the option to go catted or not. Cheaper than bassani also.

pvteye

Established Member
have the O/R Prochamber with the Maggies.. love the sound.. but with no cats, I am polishing my rolled tips all the time

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Strungoutt said:
Whats the difference between a true X and a stamped X?

Ive been hearing a lot of good stuff about prochamber also, i think ive narrowed my choice between those two. Where online is a good spot to buy them? or in the bay area

We are having our Apex Motorsports open house on Feb 12th (THIS SUNDAY) from 11AM-3PM. There should be around 70 cars and this should be a great opportunity for you to hear a exhaust combo you are looking for. Also, FREE pizza and soda will be offered to all who attend. :)

Address
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
grimreefer said:
You have any sound clips? I have tha Maggie catback and am interested in the catted MRT H.

We actually have a computer setup in our showroom with home theater speakers attached to it with sound clips so you can hear AND feel what your exhaust might sound like. :)

You can also go to Stangexhaust.com to here the exhaust combos :)

Mike Mak
Norcal SVTOA-President

Last edited:

Strungoutt

Established Member
apexmotorsports said:
We actually have a computer setup in our showroom with home theater speakers attached to it with sound clips so you can hear AND feel what your exhaust might sound like. :)

You can also go to Stangexhaust.com to here the exhaust combos :)

Mike Mak
Norcal SVTOA-President

Im so there.

Last edited:

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Strungoutt said:
Im so there. Ill be seeing you guys tommorow. What time is this meet gonna be from? I definetly wanna come check out your guys shop, and hear some combos to help me decide.

The meet will be from 11AM till about 3PM. If you are looking for me... I will be the short Chinese guy (5'6"-5'7") with the Apex Mechanics shirt and Cap. Glad to see you'll be making it.

Mike Mak
Norcal SVTOA-President

Users who are viewing this thread