Magna flow impressions and ???'s

GNasty

Established Member
I installed my magna flow exhaust today. My first impressions are,the system is very nice in build quality and fit. The system went on easily, fit well and sounds great.

It is not loud at idle, but when you step on it, it sounds great. Not too loud, but you can definately tell a difference.

I have a couple of questions though. My system did not come with instructions. Are the mufflers left and right?? Meaning, is there and inlet and outlet flow direction?? I ddn't see any markings on the muffler so I figured they would go on either side.

My second question is, should I disconnect my battery to reset the computer? I didn't know if just a catback change would require this or not.

Thanks for the help!

Kyle

03DOHC

Established Member
No left and right mufflers, but the tips are left and right side specific. Ask me how I know that.:-D

I would do the battery thing.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
No left and right mufflers, but the tips are left and right side specific. Ask me how I know that.:-D

I would do the battery thing.

What he said, I am very happy with the sound and the quality of the maggies, was just what I was looking for and they do look awesome..
congrats..
:-D

GNasty

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I was lucky enough that they labeled my tips with a "D" and "P"

I will disconnect my battery and let this thing reset. Thanks again!

Kyle

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Any drone?? that is my big worry with aftermarket exhaust.

GNasty

Established Member
Originally posted by kens03cobra
No drone hear, pun intended:lol: :beer:

:lol: Nope, no drone here. It sounds great! I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I had a 1987 5.0 with an of road h-pipe and flowmasters. Now that car was unbearable at highway speeds. This Magnaflow sounds good.......really. I should be getting a kick back from Magnaflow, shouldn't I?? :p

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
I installed a Magnaflow catback system 2 weeks ago and I really like the sound. Just a bit louder under low load, nice slightly louder throaty idle, and sounds great at full throttle! You can notice a power increase by seat of the pants.

I would like to install the Bassani tip baffles though as there is some drone right at 1800 to 2000 RPM if you are slightly tipped into the throttle like on the highway heading up a slight hill.

Quality overall is very good and I'm happy.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread