maf flow lb per min vs hp

bob450

Established Member
hi a quick question on my 11 gt my maf is showing 41.61 lb per min at 6500 rpm it give 416 hp at the crank do i miss something in the equation i have a airraid cai w-out insert is there a calibration in the tune to correct ecu.. i also have a cat off..thank

Doug1227

Established Member
It's pretty accurate at 10 hp per lb. I have (3) boost settings on my car and a datalog from the track for each and it's really close to what I dyno'd until it gets to the cap of 86 as mentioned above.

bob450

Established Member
thank for info guys
is there a solution to improve.. cam ajust.. timming..maybe a vacuum leak..a clog air filter.. i still na..

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
It's pretty accurate at 10 hp per lb. I have (3) boost settings on my car and a datalog from the track for each and it's really close to what I dyno'd until it gets to the cap of 86 as mentioned above.

I can see that working turbo or N/A but would be a little less accurate with a blower. You figure as you start upping the boost your giving more of the HP back to the blower. But for these purposes a stockish vehicle should be damn close.

Doug1227

Established Member
I went back and looked at some logs that I did back when I had the KB on my car, but unfortunatelly, I didn't log that PID back then. :|

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Cool. Just checked my log on a 93 base tune and was seeing 47 plus in a lower non 1:1 gear. :)

nate-roth

Established Member
It can be pretty damn accurate. But really depends on the tune. Just having a maf curve or injector data off a little can skew the lbs/min reading

This is true, you can really see it when you are dialing in the MAF, if the MAF is off a little the load is off and the maf lbs/min will be skewed. When I was data logging my car, dialing in a Magnuson blower my lb/min were intially 78 and by the time the car was dialed in, load calculations and short term fueling were correct the lb/min was 68 lbs/min which is probably about spot on for the power the car is making. Basically the car is ingesting enough air to produce in the neighborhood of 680 flywheel horse power.

Users who are viewing this thread