Maestro mus1 help

Ron Simoni

FIREFIGHTER
2012 GT had a Kenwood 9909s installed professionally with the Maestro mus1 kit. Everything works very well but the factory lcd window does not light up. I was told by the installer that there are no provisions provided to light the lcd window up. In looking at other installs this window is working just fine. I do feel the installer is missing something here and sure would like to hear your opinions on what the problem might be, muchly appreciated.
Thank You, Ron

GB2011GT

Established Member
My factory lcd display works just fine with the kit so yours should too. Been a while since I installed mine but it sounds like he didn't connect something to the RR module. I'd ask him to recheck all connections.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Ron Simoni

FIREFIGHTER
sdert32.jpeg

He looked into again and cant figure it out,,,I'm going to take it to another installer with hopes they can make the factory LCD light up. Thanks for yur help.

noldevin

Established Member
You may have better luck contacting idatalink and fixing it yourself with some help from them. Stop paying people who can't figure out a simple dash kit

GB2011GT

Established Member
Yeah, idatalink would be your best bet at this point. If you're not comfortable taking it apart to troubleshoot, then they may be able to lead him in the right direction. It's not a complex install so I'm surprised he can't figure it out. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Ron Simoni

FIREFIGHTER
Thanks for the help guys. I will get another installer to look into it,,,everything else works great. The Android auto keeps disconnecting but I see that is a problem lots of people are having. OK I will post up when the factory LCD window gets fixed.
Ron

Users who are viewing this thread