Machined Terminator wheels clean up

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Those were beat. Wow. Looking much better now (the barrels).

You can try a metal polish on them either by hand or by machine, also perhaps try a (paint) polish, medium compound and see what results you get. Pics still kinda hard for me to go by, but they also may be beyond help other than a complete refinish.

Keep us posted.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
I wasn't really surprised. I needed a wheel mine was bad. I ordered one and it was advertised as

This Ford Mustang wheel is a Factory OEM wheel. The wheel has been professionally refinished to like new condition in both quality and performance, making it a perfect match to your Ford stock rims. All of our wheels are remanufactured to meet or exceed SAE and ASTM wheel testing standards. This ensures that not only does the wheel look like a new wheel off the Ford assembly line, but it performs like one too.

It was just more different than I thought it would be. I ended up buying oem replacement from a member on here and sending back the one I ordered.

To be honest tho I kind of liked the machined rim look better as it looked more of a resemblance to the 95 cobra R wheels color (which I really like.) I had tried to order 3 more and was just going to go with them, but they only had 2, this the reason I returned it.

You had chrome rims and ordered a machined rim then were surprised it was different? Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Holy shit, they WERE polished.
Ended up claybarring (is that a word?) the barrel with some WD40 to remove most of the tiny remnants of brake dust/pitting. Then hit them with the the WAB #1 and 2, then a coat of Adams ceramic wheel coating.

The front was hit with some Black Fire compound, followed up with the same WAB #1 and 2 (I can't find any of my paint polishes), then a coat of the Adams ceramic.
Any other tips you guys can give me, would a paint polish do much of a difference? I have at least 3 different ones and can't find any of them.
Gotta say for $350, I feel like I stole these. I thought these were either just gray or machined, I had no idea they were polished, and they really cleaned up. I have some SVT center caps on the way.

All 4 wheels are clean, but still have 3
more to polish front/back. *facepalm*
20201115_161526.jpeg
20201115_161513.jpeg
20201115_161520.jpeg
20201115_161535.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
NICE! Paint polish will not do too much more. Keep doing what you're doing, cuz it is working very well.

Good work, keep us posted. Great grab on them with putting in some elbow grease!

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Git ya sum 3M marine aluminum polish and a powerball and have at it

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Holy shit, they WERE polished.
Ended up claybarring (is that a word?) the barrel with some WD40 to remove most of the tiny remnants of brake dust/pitting. Then hit them with the the WAB #1 and 2, then a coat of Adams ceramic wheel coating.

The front was hit with some Black Fire compound, followed up with the same WAB #1 and 2 (I can't find any of my paint polishes), then a coat of the Adams ceramic.
Any other tips you guys can give me, would a paint polish do much of a difference? I have at least 3 different ones and can't find any of them.
Gotta say for $350, I feel like I stole these. I thought these were either just gray or machined, I had no idea they were polished, and they really cleaned up. I have some SVT center caps on the way.

All 4 wheels are clean, but still have 3
more to polish front/back. *facepalm*View attachment 1672534View attachment 1672535View attachment 1672536View attachment 1672537

Wow, Paul, they really came out great. Mounted, they going to look stunning. Not easy work, but well worth the effort and time. Now take a deep breath and have at the others. LOL.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, Paul, they really came out great. Mounted, they going to look stunning. Not easy work, but well worth the effort and time. Now take a deep breath and have at the others. LOL.

Thanks. I did another one last night.
These are just for the car to sit on for the winter. I didn't want to put them on there like that though.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone know if these are raw aluminum or coated? I feel like they are not coated after the way they came back.

@kazman I used a machine (porter cable) with 4" pads.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
If your polishing pads turned black probably bare aluminum. If brownish, probably coated.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
All 4 are done. Threw them on the car today. They don't look too bad for a set of winter storage wheels and tires. Since the turbo has been on the car, I've had my 305/40 18 MT ET streets on the back. Its amazing how easy the car breaks loose with just a pair of run of the mill 315 Nittos. I had a good time today taking a quick rip to Lowes.
I posted a before and after pic of the car as well.

Thanks guys for all the help, its greatly appreciated. Glad they cleaned up as well as they did! SVTP for the win again.
20201114_090222.jpeg
20201115_161520.jpeg
20201114_155529.jpeg
20201115_161526.jpeg
20201120_113759.jpeg
20201121_151726.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread