Machine Shop in Central Texas?

slowgreycobra

Established Member
As the subject line states, I am looking for a machine shop that I can trust to do the machine work for my engine. My 1969 Mustang Mach 1 has a 351C 2V currently residing in the engine bay with a toploader 4 speed behind it. I don't have it all set up to run yet, and I need to yank the engine to work on some other problems with steering and frame rails. My plan was to have the engine rebuilt and throw my 4V heads on it while it is out of the engine bay. Is there a good machine shop in the area that I can trust to mess with a 351C?

slowgreycobra

Established Member
I did some searching and came up with Central Texas Motorsports. It looks like Lethal uses them for some projects and I doubt Lethal would pick a company that is not great at what they do. Plus it looks like they can rebuild whatever engine I have (4.6 4v, 351W, and 351C). The only thing I don't know is if they are still open? They haven't had a FB post since 2020, which makes me wonder if the they were a victim of the Rona and closed down. Does anyone know if they are still in business?

slowgreycobra

Established Member
No luck so far. I've asked around and everyone draws a blank. I'm just going to run my Mustang as is for now. I did the T5 swap and I need a few odds and ends to get it finished. My next part is getting a shorter driveshaft. It is about 1-1.5" too long and that should hopefully be easy to get done.

Users who are viewing this thread