Mach1 exhaust vs Cobra exhaust

toby

I have a 03 Cobra but drove a Mach1 the other day and loved the sound of the mufflers. Do any of you guys know the differnce in the two exhaust. I am thinking of adding Mach1 mufflers to the Cobra.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
They are different....just not sure on the difference. Like you said..the Mach 1 I own is just perfect sounding from the factory....but my 03 Cobra was Cadillac quiet.....I know the Mach 1's pipes are 2 1/4(inches) in and 2 1/4 out.

toby

Thanks for the reply Harry. I don't guess there would be any point in looking for some Mach1 takeoff mufflers since the Cobra pipes are 2 1/2s. What do you think? Sure like the mellow sound over aftermarket.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
If you want to keep the stock appearance...you can always go with the new Flowmaster Stainless Steel mufflers ....they are not that loud and will give you a pretty healthy sound. Not near as loud as the 2 chambers we are use to hearing on the 5.0 stangs. I wouldnt go with the Mach 1 exhaust..but it sure would be something to see a Stock Cobra on a dyno and then put the Mach 1 catback on to see how things were. I thought the tails on the Cobra were 2 1/4? But my mind is going fast...40 years is approaching the end of this month :D

toby

Hate to hear that but congrats anyway. You should be proud you made it that far in life. The tips on the Cobra are 3 inch I think and I bet the Mach1 catback would pick up a gain. I will probably go with the flows. Thanks Harry {cool web site} P.S. no smart {a} intended, just playing.

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by HotRodHarry
but it sure would be something to see a Stock Cobra on a dyno and then put the Mach 1 catback on to see how things were. I thought the tails on the Cobra were 2 1/4?

The catback wouldn't fit due too the irs though

The cobra's is 2 1/4 at the outlet. At the inlet it actually kinks down to 2 1/8.

'90 SSC Clone

Established Member
1993SVT, you had said that you were going with the Bassani. What happened to that? Are you chickening out?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Originally posted by 1993SVT
Hate to hear that but congrats anyway. You should be proud you made it that far in life. The tips on the Cobra are 3 inch I think and I bet the Mach1 catback would pick up a gain. I will probably go with the flows. Thanks Harry {cool web site} P.S. no smart {a} intended, just playing.

LOL...no prob buddy...I knew the tips were 3 inch on the Cobra's...just thought the tailpipes themselves were 2 1/4 inch like the Mach 1's. I have a set of Cobra tailpipes and H pipe off my Cobra(moved to new house already)when it only had about 300 miles. Just no tape measure or tools since I am moving in week..took that stuff to the new house already.

Edit: Wow..I just read..my mind isnt going yet...2 1/4 it is on the tails of the Cobra. :D

Thanks for the compliments on my website...been a fun ride with all the cars I have owned....miss them all

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread