Mach 460

98cobrawilsonville

Established Member
I just installed a Pioneer MVH-S622BS that I purchased from Crutchfield and can’t be any more pleased with it. I think I paid under $140 shipped for stereo and install kit and it was pretty easy to install. The sound is way better than stock and integrated it with the Mach 460 amp and speakers, very pleased with the sound quality. Maybe start with head unit first then speakers? Crutchfield sends very good instructions. If you don’t want Nav maybe do a single din and you can make your install even easier, I kinda regret going double din now but otherwise I love the stereo and sound.

Last edited:

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
$1200 is crazy unless youre getting some high end products.

For the older Mach 460 cars, you only need the Scosche C4FDK5 adapter and the headunit of your choice. That adapter may be out of production now and Im not sure if there's a new equivalent.

Your other option is to run new speaker wire from the head unit to the speaker locations and bypass/remove all of the Mach amps.

shurur

Established Member
I just installed a Pioneer MVH-S622BS that I purchased from Crutchfield and can’t be any more pleased with it. I think I laid under $140 shipped for stereo and install kit and it was pretty easy to install. The sound is way better than stock and integrated it with the Mach 460 amp and speakers, very pleased with the sound quality. Maybe start with head unit first then speakers? Crutchfield sends very good instructions for you to do. If you don’t want Nav maybe do a single din and you can make your install even easier, I kinda regret going double din now but otherwise I love the stereo and sound.

Yup..double din is easy now with Crutchfield.

Q: why do you regret going double din?

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
I have one of the pioneer series decks mentioned above in my bronco.

I also couldn't be more happy with it.

It's amazing how things have come and how far.

I remember paying $300 in the 90's for a head unit cd player.

Now 30 years later $100 gets you bluetooth, phone mic, and so much more for the same brand name.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ya what are they doing for that money?

My setup is old but running a newer alpine with car play. Last pioneer I had was dog shit.

trashed all the stock stuff - my quart premium with separate tweeters up front. My quart in the rear for fill, JL slash series amps and 2 12” subs in sealed boxes (fit perfect with amp shelf removed). Ran all new wires etc...

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Labor rate and what equipment you're using makes a difference. I paid about $300 for my most recent head unit. I have Memphis Audio components in the doors. Think I paid about $200 for those. Add in a set of rear speakers, an amp or 2, plus a sub. With labor $1200 isn't too far off.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
What's the most retro factory 90's looking head unit??

I really want to upgrade the stereo but hate the stupid flashing blue crap and stupid ricer looking headunits..

Users who are viewing this thread