Mach 1000: Is it all that?

Rscott

After reading all the Cobra/SVT threads I decided not to take a chance on the new 03 Cobra and because I really like the current styling I upgraded the '99 topless V6 to a 2002 topless V8.
I had to have Torch Red, leather, w/Mach 1000. I had never seen or heard the 1000 but figured it must be that much better. The Springfield dealer had to get the car from Maryland and I bought it unseen. I had to go back the next day (9 April) and then I saw the trunk. :??: There's no getting golf clubs in it now. There are two huge speakers on either side of this Bass pounding machine and they are protected by cages.

Now for those who have bought the Mach 1000: I feel I'm not hearing the mid-range anymore. It sounds good only if cranked up very loud.....but not as good as I hoped.
Perhaps a graphic equalizer can be added and it could be in the trunk for all I care. Set it and forget it.

Nevertheless: Love this Stang so much more!!

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by Rscott
After reading all the Cobra/SVT threads I decided not to take a chance on the new 03 Cobra and because I really like the current styling I upgraded the '99 topless V6 to a 2002 topless V8.
I had to have Torch Red, leather, w/Mach 1000. I had never seen or heard the 1000 but figured it must be that much better. The Springfield dealer had to get the car from Maryland and I bought it unseen. I had to go back the next day (9 April) and then I saw the trunk. :??: There's no getting golf clubs in it now. There are two huge speakers on either side of this Bass pounding machine and they are protected by cages.

Now for those who have bought the Mach 1000: I feel I'm not hearing the mid-range anymore. It sounds good only if cranked up very loud.....but not as good as I hoped.
Perhaps a graphic equalizer can be added and it could be in the trunk for all I care. Set it and forget it.

Nevertheless: Love this Stang so much more!!

yeah, the management system on the mach systems kinda sux, it sounds good on the top end b/c the stereo starts pulling out bass when the amplitude of power going into the speaker reaches a certain level. and mach systems are a b!tch to modify from what I hear.

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
I also have the Mach 1000 and after looking at it closely, I think you could take out the amps and speakers by removing 8 bolts....

I agree with your statement about the mid range. It does sound much better with the roof up. Man it really pumps out alot of bass, though..... I have to get a louder exhaust now :ud:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
all those heavy speakers and amps add more wieght to your ride. If your looking for speed and H/P then ditch the 1000. who needs music when your exhuast sounds so pretty?

SmithAtlanta

Established Member
I weighed the system in at around 70 extra pounds. You can always unbolt the amps and speakers and pull them out for racing. The system is overkill for me but the car combination I wanted was hard to find so I took it with the Mach 1000 option.

Hey, it's great massage therapy when you turn it up around 5.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread