Mach 1 vs Dodge Demon

SS EATR

Established Member
I went to a local track last Friday night to test out the Mach 1 since I have made a few changes. I had gone up to the track to see how sticky it was and was walking back down and there she was. Sitting in the lanes all alone, a beautiful yellow Dodge Demon. I ask him if he is up for a run and he says sure, so I go hop in the Mach 1 and get up beside him. My car has a 03 cobra longblock with a VMP blower making 575/550, 4r70w trans with a 3600 stall, and weighs 3,600lbs with me in it. The track is getting a new timing system, so that was shown was the win light. We stage up and I tree him pretty good and jump out from the start. I hold the lead and slowly pull him through the 1/8th mile, and end up with a 2 or 3 car lead by the finish. I was pretty happy with the car, and am hoping I'll see a video of the run at some point. I saw people in the stands recording the run, but have no idea who they were. The blowers on those things are crazy loud by the way.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nice! U seem tp be pretty evenly matched. Im sure ur experience made the difference. Did u use a 2-step? So did u talk to the dude afterwards?

SS EATR

Established Member
Nice! U seem tp be pretty evenly matched. Im sure ur experience made the difference. Did u use a 2-step? So did u talk to the dude afterwards?
Nah no 2 step, but I cut consistent 1.4x 60fts with the car. I talked to him a little about it, he's only had the car about a week, and had run it the night before at a little better track and ran 6.40s in the 1/8th. He didn't use the trans brake against me though, he was trying to figure that out later in the night

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice win! Yeah, your experience with the track, the tree, and with your Mach played big. But you certainly have a stout car and deserve kudos. Sounds like the Demon owner was cool about the run. Another night/day, perhaps. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread