Mach 1 Vortech Belt Issue

JGDogg10

Established Member
It’s been quite a minute. It’s drove about 800 miles in the last two years!! And not much more the years before that... Sucks. I think this is gonna fix it though! Not sure when the last time you seen it, but has a fully built stroker motor, heads, cams, a bunch of other stuff and all the supporting mods. Gonna do a ysi soon as well. But gotta get this belt figured out first so I can just enjoy the car haha. You still have the cobra?

Yes it is a full machine shop in Escondido. They build shit for NASA and a bunch of other stuff! They have a bunch of multi axis machines that can build from a block of billet or other metals. They mainly do big jobs, machining a bunch of pieces at a time.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
It’s been quite a minute. It’s drove about 800 miles in the last two years!! And not much more the years before that... Sucks. I think this is gonna fix it though! Not sure when the last time you seen it, but has a fully built stroker motor, heads, cams, a bunch of other stuff and all the supporting mods. Gonna do a ysi soon as well. But gotta get this belt figured out first so I can just enjoy the car haha. You still have the cobra?

Yes it is a full machine shop in Escondido. They build shit for NASA and a bunch of other stuff! They have a bunch of multi axis machines that can build from a block of billet or other metals. They mainly do big jobs, machining a bunch of pieces at a time.
I think you might've had all that stuff getting ready to go in. If you get to a point you need a hand let me know. I might be able to find a free day to give you a second set of eyes.

The yellow Cobra is long gone. Got rid of it back in 2015. Got tired of working on it. I have a Mystichrome now. And a Whipple waiting to go on.

Damn. I'm trying to come up with a couple things that eventually I'll need to get machined.

JGDogg10

Established Member
Ready to go back on!!!

Attachments

• 19ADF0AB-FC71-44FA-B1DA-DE748700AEF4.jpeg
    19ADF0AB-FC71-44FA-B1DA-DE748700AEF4.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 122

JGDogg10

Established Member
So I drove the car pretty hard last night after putting the newly machined pulley on, and also putting in a new crank seal because I was getting oil everywhere. And everything stayed in place and on perfectly!!! The belt tracks better than I have ever seen it, and I have no signs of oil! I’ll keep you updated over the next couple days, but fingers crossed that this fixed it all. Thank you DSG2003mach1, don’t think I would have ever checked the water pump pulley if not for you!

Bob, my soon to be father in law said that whenever you are ready, he can make pretty much anything. He gave me a couple of his cards for you, but honestly just pm me and we can swap phone numbers and go from there.

old01cobra

Established Member
What length belt are you running? My 8rib came with the K081124 belt it shows its 113 inches.

old01cobra

Established Member
Yeah the k081124 that came with the kit isn’t hd and is listed at 113 o.c. Maybe I’ll try the one you have. Because my belt has some floppy ness between the alternator and ps pump at idle. I can probably push it around an inch till it’s really tight.

old01cobra

Established Member
If I push down on the belt it goes to about the mark

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 110

JGDogg10

Established Member
If I push down on the belt it goes to about the mark

Its hard to say because I added an extra idler pulley where that large run is from the power steering pulley to the alternator. So mine is really tight. What tensioner are you running?

Users who are viewing this thread