Mach 1 Dyno Day

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
I dynoed my Mach for the first time today at PowerTrain Dynamics in Huntington Beach...just over 5K miles on the odometer...

Conditions were decent...9 am, low 80s... Dave/Poisionous Mods, Juan/Sonic Venum, and George/Jonas showed up for moral support...well, Juan was there to get walked off the line as we left, but that's a different thread :rollseyes

P Moddy shot video...he should be posting that later :-D Anyone interested in the Magnapack exhaust setup can check it out then :eek:

The tuner, Steve, gave my car plenty of attention... and 8 pulls and much tweaking of my Autologic chip later we had done the best we could with my mods (see sig) and the crap 91 octane California gas...295 RWHP...314 RWTQ... :beer:

Steve maintains that 11% is accurate for drivetrain loss on my car...I have seen others use 15-18%...

So at the flywheel...
11%=327 HP
15%=339 HP
18%=348 HP

Of course I like 348 :rolling: ...but I'm with Steve...He did agree that the gear swap to 4.10s is probably worth 5 HP...so I am probably just over 300 RWHP....

Damn I wish we has good gas :cryying:

It was a great day that ended up over at XMP for more mods on the cars, good company, several 03 Cobras, and a ride in Juan's pullied and chipped 03 Snake :uh oh:

Damn I love my car :D :p :lol: :thumbsup:

attachment.php

Last edited:

stang99

Those are impressive numbers. Was this a SuperFlow dyno? They usually use STD results. There was a Mach1 at LACR this evening that alleged only an exhaust muffler change and was running Nittos. He dialed 13.8 and I think that he ran a 13.8xx but his last run was 14.2. Still, it was an impressive car and launched really hard. He chirpped 2nd and 3rd and went through the 1/4 in 3rd. Nice running Mustang.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
It's pretty easy to walk a guy when he's mid sentence talking to you.

We should try that again, when I am actually aware that we're gonna race.

Nice numbers BTW. You've got 300 to the wheels in my book. :beer:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
impressive numbers w/ bolt-ons! :beer: if you happened to have gotten a baseline, how does it compare to stock?

been meaning to ask, did you have the baer bumpsteer kit installed the same time you lowered the car or after and how much do you feel it helps?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Allan / FuShnickents ur a great guy :beer: :beer:

;-) Good Kill Cam & Good Death Juan :p

Ur Exhaust is Sweet & id say very nice numbers on the car :beer: I dont think the 99 - 01 Cobra's could of seen ur gains with out the Long Tub Headers :thumbsup:

Cam, Wait till u hear my exhaust :eek: I'll e-mail u the files for ur ref ;-)

Last edited:

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Tetge...it was a Dynojet dyno....I went with actual HP #s....that was what I was really shooting for...an actual number that I was putting to the ground...

Allan....thanks for hosting the vids :burnout: I did not do a baseline...stock Machs are generally dynoing 262-270 RWHP (based on forum postings)...modded without power adders into the high 280s...I know of two cars posting 300 RWHP...both are running long tubes, all the bolt ons, and 94 octane pump gas... :bored: The bumpsteer kit went on with the rest of the suspension mods...it handles very nicely...:D

Juan...I always thought green meant go :shrug:

George and Randy...it was good to meet you guys

P Moddy...thanks for all your help with the vids etc...can't wait to hear your exhaust in person :eek: Stinger what??? :sleeping: You need to post pics of the tips :beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by L.B.
Allan....thanks for hosting the vids :burnout:

Juan...I always thought green meant go :shrug:

P Moddy...thanks for all your help with the vids etc...can't wait to hear your exhaust in person :eek: Stinger what??? :sleeping: You need to post pics of the tips :beer:
:lol: Juan is still shocked he was sleeping on the light :eek:

:thumbsup: Allan ;-)

If all goes good :shrug: I'll be there next saturday :beer:

Its Smoooookin :burnout:

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Damn Cam :bash: I want that F-en Clutch :cuss:

Any news on ur side? ....... dude im like a junky bro :eek:
:-D I'm in :burnout: ...all parts in stock...10 am appointment :p

Users who are viewing this thread