Mach 1 Brakes on GT?

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
I'm postin for my dad, he wants to pick up some Mach 1 calipers and mate them with 13" slotted rotors for his 02 GT. There are some kits on ebay that sell the the calipers and brackets, is this all we need (it'll bolt up to his GT no problem)? I'm pretty sure it will, but just double checking.

I assume they're the same as the Cobra brakes just without the "cobra" lettering. Thanks guys. :burnout:

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
EastCoast5.0 said:
I'm postin for my dad, he wants to pick up some March 1 calipers and mate them with 13" slotted rotors for his 02 GT. There are some kits on ebay that sell the the calipers and brackets, is this all we need (it'll bolt up to his GT no problem)? I'm pretty sure it will, but just double checking.

I assume they're the same as the Cobra brakes just without the "cobra" lettering. Thanks guys. :burnout:
Yes they are. He'll need I believe 17" wheels to clear the rotors.

riche

Established Member
wont work

gt and mach1s are differant mach1 and corbras share the same brakes. so you will have to buy calpiers bracktes and pads rear brakes are differant to also rotors on a gt will not work with mach1 brakes. they are two totaly differant setups.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
riche said:
gt and mach1s are differant mach1 and corbras share the same brakes. so you will have to buy calpiers bracktes and pads rear brakes are differant to also rotors on a gt will not work with mach1 brakes. they are two totaly differant setups.
Ok trying to understang you....

I know they're diff from the stock GT brakes (hence why we're switching) and I know they wont work with the stock rotors, I said we're getting 13" rotors. :bored: I really appricate the help, but dude please read the post.

I'm asking if the brackets and calipers that come with the Mach 1 setup will bolt up to the stock spindle.

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member
spindels the same

EastCoast5.0 said:
Ok trying to understang you....

I know they're diff from the stock GT brakes (hence why we're switching) and I know they wont work with the stock rotors, I said we're getting 13" rotors. :bored: I really appricate the help, but dude please read the post.

I'm asking if the brackets and calipers that come with the Mach 1 setup will bolt up to the stock spindle.

Hey there the awnser to your question is yes they will bolt up to the spindel. but when you frist posted. you didnt mention nothing about spindels so i think the guy that posted last missunder stood you. :coolman:

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
experiment626 said:
Hey there the awnser to your question is yes they will bolt up to the spindel. but when you frist posted. you didnt mention nothing about spindels so i think the guy that posted last missunder stood you. :coolman:
Thanks man, I thought so I was just double checking. I could have been unclear, but I think it's straight forward...
EastCoast5.0 said:
There are some kits on ebay that sell the the calipers and brackets, is this all we need (it'll bolt up to his GT no problem)?
Thanks again dude. :beer:

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
cobra brakes, bullit brakes and mach 1 brakes are all the same and do require 17 inch rims if put on a fox. the standard GT bullit wheels will work.

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member
Ive got those rotors

Those rotors are sweet i got them on my 04mach and they work great and I only paid 150.00 for all four on e-bay brand new. There made by raysbtos brakes. :burnout:

spike_africa

Established Member
You need the new calipers, brackets, rotors, and lines to do this mod. its a good mod to do.
Also the rear calipers are the same as the cobras they just use a 11" rear instead of the 10.5" plus the cobra one is vented so it cools better. Only reason to upgrade teh back is if you really really road race hard otherwise its a waste of time and money.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
spike_africa said:
You need the new calipers, brackets, rotors, and lines to do this mod. its a good mod to do.
Also the rear calipers are the same as the cobras they just use a 11" rear instead of the 10.5" plus the cobra one is vented so it cools better. Only reason to upgrade teh back is if you really really road race hard otherwise its a waste of time and money.
So you need to Mach/Cobra lines too? We can't re-use the Stock GT ones? Thanks.

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member
Lines and parts

EastCoast5.0 said:
So you need to Mach/Cobra lines too? We can't re-use the Stock GT ones? Thanks.

Rear brakes on a gt mustang are differant then a corbra or mach1.The rotors and pads,and calipers have a differant part numbers so how can the rear be the same. 11 inch rotors will not clear a 10.5 inch rotor caliper bracket. I should know I work at a repair shop. The exact parts needed rotors, calipers, pads, brackets,Lines front and rear. And 17in rims If you dont plan on doing all this dont bother with the swap, your just wasteing your time.Not being mean only trying to tell you the truth. ;-) If more help is needed reply or pm me. Thanks

Last edited:

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
experiment626 said:
Rear brakes on a gt mustang are differant then a corbra or mach1.The rotors and pads,and calipers have a differant part numbers so how can the rear be the same. 11 inch rotors will not clear a 10.5 inch rotor caliper bracket. I should know I work at a repair shop. The exact parts needed rotors, calipers, pads, brackets,Lines front and rear. And 17in rims If you dont plan on doing all this dont bother with the swap, your just wasteing your time.Not being mean only trying to tell you the truth. ;-) If more help is needed reply or pm me. Thanks
I don't why where your acting like I said they were different...
EastCoast5.0 said:
I know they're diff from the stock GT brakes (hence why we're switching) and I know they wont work with the stock rotors, I said we're getting 13" rotors.
I must be not clear, don't know how but for that I apologise. spike_africa was helpful and the first to mention new lines. I was verifying if we did need new LINES with the Mach 1 stuff. Thanks

Last edited:

1slosvt

Established Member
EastCoast5.0 said:
I must be not clear, don't know how but for that I apologise.

LOL!! You seem pretty clear to me. Oh, the brakes for a gt are different from a cobra or mach 1. If you buy the brakes you'll have to buy other stuff too. :beer:

Stock Stang

Established Member
you may need a master cylinder to go with the new rotors, calipers and lines...i did with my '94, but the '02 gt is already running a 2 piston caliper so im not 100% sure about the master cylinder.

Last edited:

mf150

Psi Chi
Established Member
riche said:

They sell conversion kits for like $399 ballpark. Not an expensive mod for 13" rotors and twin piston claipers...good quality components...yes they are teh same as cobra brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread