MACA Website?

Cobrachs

Established Member
Svtperformance has been very generous providing us our own forum, but there has been some interest in our own site. I know we had a member working on it but I can understand if they are too busy to finish or maintain. I have been interested in creating a website/webforum and would do so if the members wanted. The only thing is we would actually have to use the site, unfortunetley the site we had before was a ghost town and I dont want to do something that is a waste of our time. Let me hear what you think, and if we are almost ready with the other site disregard this and I can do something different. Now for the catch, I have never done this type of work and it would be a learning experience but it would be a site for the members run by the members :idea:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
But then my post count would have to start over:( :poke:

lol, I dunno if we need one or not, this seems to work out pretty well i think. How about you build the new site, and we'll come over and critique it....

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
We had something like that a while ago, but no one really used it. I'm sure someone else will chime in..

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Most of us post here anyway, so it is nice to consolidate. Personally, I would rather have less forums to visit, and stay here. Also, on some threads, we sometimes get helpful outside information and feedback from passing through members that may not view/post on our own forum.

Soo, unless a problem arises with this site, my vote would be to keep the forum here :shrug:

I do, however, really think we should have an official website again where we can post pics, vids, schedules, recap of events, information about the club, joining, etc. Just no forum :)

mixxer

Established Member
i think a site would be nice, with member stuff,vids,for sale,events calender and pics and what not ,with a link to here for a forum. that way there is a site for people to enjoy while still coming here to post on a forum.

1fastredcobra

Established Member
I do, however, really think we should have an official website again where we can post pics, vids, schedules, recap of events, information about the club, joining, etc. Just no forum :)[/QUOTE]

+1.

SPRAYED DAILY

MACA
Established Member
1fastredcobra said:
I do, however, really think we should have an official website again where we can post pics, vids, schedules, recap of events, information about the club, joining, etc. Just no forum :)

+1.[/QUOTE]

that make no sense to me. if we're going to have that much going on on the site it would be only natural to have a forum.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Well, in the 23 months since MACA was given our own Forum here on SVTP, we hava posted nearly 65,000 times and I believe, this is the 13th most popular Forum out of SVTP's 75+ sections. To say that our involvement here is successful would be a gross understatement.

Charles, while I think it would be neat to have our own site, our past experience with this only resulted in very limited participation. Omar did a very nice job getting that site up and running and I believe we ended up with nearly 60 of us signing on there. But, it was never really accepted as a viable option to SVTP. And I don't really see anxther attempt being that much more sucessful.

Although membership expansion is no longer a major issue, (since we have like 265 members now!!!!), it is probably safe to say that 95%of all of our members found out about the MACA through SVTP. And our ability to plan events, share information, and build relationships with fellow Cobra enthusiasts, has been a great success here as well. Travis and Larry have been outstanding in their support of our club and have allowed us great flexiility in the way we conduct business in this section of their Forum. We are getting more and more posters and lurkers from outside the club which I think is pretty complimentary. The convenience of our involement here with having other Forums like the Terminator Forum, the Market Forum, and the Pic & Vids Forum is a good situation.

While I feel it would e neat to have our own personal site for general club information and perhaps some galleries, I think that the vast majority of our club needs are being met very successfully with the MACA Forum on SVTP.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Well, in the 23 months since MACA was given our own Forum here on SVTP, we hava posted nearly 65,000 times and I believe, this is the 13th most popular Forum out of SVTP's 75+ sections. To say that our involvement here is successful would be a gross understatement.

Charles, while I think it would be neat to have our own site, our past experience with this only resulted in very limited participation. Omar did a very nice job getting that site up and running and I believe we ended up with nearly 60 of us signing on there. But, it was never really accepted as a viable option to SVTP. And I don't really see anxther attempt being that much more sucessful.

Although membership expansion is no longer a major issue, (since we have like 265 members now!!!!), it is probably safe to say that 95%of all of our members found out about the MACA through SVTP. And our ability to plan events, share information, and build relationships with fellow Cobra enthusiasts, has been a great success here as well. Travis and Larry have been outstanding in their support of our club and have allowed us great flexiility in the way we conduct business in this section of their Forum. We are getting more and more posters and lurkers from outside the club which I think is pretty complimentary. The convenience of our involement here with having other Forums like the Terminator Forum, the Market Forum, and the Pic & Vids Forum is a good situation.

While I feel it would e neat to have our own personal site for general club information and perhaps some galleries, I think that the vast majority of our club needs are being met very successfully with the MACA Forum on SVTP.
ditto!

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Dwight, I agree with the vast majority of that statement, especially the flourishing the MACA has done thanks to the SVTPerformance site.

That being said, we absolutely need our own 'website'; our own face to the internet. I envision this site to, as you said, include pic galleries, video links, news and information, new member submission, and even some 'MACA member garage' space (personal vids, pics, bio, etc).

As to whether or not we need our own 'forum' on that 'website', I am not entirely sure. I myself will be less inclined to use anything but SVTPerformance. It certainly can be added, but I think you're right on in saying it would be used infrequently.

I am perfectly happy with having the 'Forum' link on our website point right back here to SVTPerformance.com. Saves a lot of development work anyways!! :beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I totally respect where you and others are coming from on this Sean. Despite the success of the MACA, I think we should continue to move forward and grow as a club and perhaps having a sperate wesite would be one of several ways we could accomplish this.

Hpwever, I don't agree that it is an "absolute need" of the club. But, rather a neat possilility of having a site to showcae some of the features of the MACA. Despite some good efforts from a couple of MACA members in the past, we have not been too successful in launching a project like this thus far, and I'm not sure if it's because of a lack if interest from the membership or more that we just haven't produced the site that is wanted/needed.

Although Brandon and you have been extremely busy of late to work on the current template, maybe Charles could get involved here and we could see where it takes us........

Cobrachs

Established Member
Well I will wait a little bit, and see what happens with the current site in development, it looks nice and will be great when it is finished.

Users who are viewing this thread