MAC PRO CHAMBER FITMENT

Nervouswreck

Established Member
Hello guys , I recently received my s/s Mac Pro Chamber from Lethal and went to install it on my 03 Cobra and the fit wasn't even close . I installed my down pipes off of the manifolds and left them semi loose then lifted the Pro Chamber into place ( not upside down or anything) and while the ball flange on the passenger side matched up the drivers side pipe "turn in " pipe to the pro chamber itself was about 2 inches short . No matter what I did to correct this it just wouldn't line up . If I forced the 2 pieces together the pro chamber was cocked over and the outlet pipes looked towards the left rear tire and not the flow tubes . Awful fitment from MAC . Very disappointed because this was the most expensive mid pipe out there and they are suppose to preform the best . I'm considering sending this back and going with a Basanni X pipe now . Has anyone ever experienced this ?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I've seen other people post about fitment issues with the pro chamber, but maybe not this bad. Doesn't Pypes make a pro-chamber clone now? Might be worth trying.

Nervouswreck

Established Member
It sounds like you have the wrong pipe. Did you contact Mac?

Yes sir . They said it's a ball and flange system so everything had to be loose before tightening everything up which is what I would do anyway on this or any other system. I do this all the time regardless of the system design .

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Harding27

I just too installed the Mac Pro chamber on my 04 Cobra with stock manifolds and Borla Stingers. I had an issue with the mil eliminator on the passenger side rear o2 sensor harness being too short. Is this a common issue because I thought I only needed o2 extensions if I were going with LT's?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I just too installed the Mac Pro chamber on my 04 Cobra with stock manifolds and Borla Stingers. I had an issue with the mil eliminator on the passenger side rear o2 sensor harness being too short. Is this a common issue because I thought I only needed o2 extensions if I were going with LT's?
Some of the 04's needed sensor extensions.

Harding27

Thanks for the input. I just ordered BBK extensions. Just another quick question about needing a tune with this new exhaust setup. I hear I may need a tune or I may not? Some people say the car might be abit sluggish in lower gears and rpms?

mstangtony

Established Member
BBK extensions will be good. some of them you may have to clip the bump on it where you plug them in, other you dont, just so you know ifyou notice the little bump on if it doesnt match.

I did not need a tune for my exhaust, it could be due to no cats and CEL coming on. but MIL eliminators would fix that if you have them, if not then a Tune would be needed. you could run rich too depending on your setup, could be why others run sluggish in lower gears.. not too sure, never had that happen though..

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Thanks for the input. I just ordered BBK extensions. Just another quick question about needing a tune with this new exhaust setup. I hear I may need a tune or I may not? Some people say the car might be abit sluggish in lower gears and rpms?
Sooo... You're saying yours fit fine?

Users who are viewing this thread