MAC LT question?

Torked03

Established Member
I purchased an 03 with MAC long tubes. The car had some aftermaket high flow cats welded in and they are cheap and about to scrub through since the car is so low. Do I have to use a MAC H pipe when I replace it or will all H pipes fit? Late Model has a Pypes H pipe for long tubes for $109 hoping that would be a cheap fix.

tonypipes

Established Member
I purchased an 03 with MAC long tubes. The car had some aftermaket high flow cats welded in and they are cheap and about to scrub through since the car is so low. Do I have to use a MAC H pipe when I replace it or will all H pipes fit? Late Model has a Pypes H pipe for long tubes for $109 hoping that would be a cheap fix.

Go with the Mac prochamber, I think you have to stay with a mac midpipe.

Torked03

Established Member
mid pipe

I assume the width of the header flange is why bbk and mac wont interchange?

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I assume the width of the header flange is why bbk and mac wont interchange?

Not sure on these years but the distance between the two flanges on the fox bodies were very different and why they would not interchange.

Torked03

Established Member
x vs h

I figure takeing the x thats on it to a shop and having the cats removed and pipe put in would cost just as much as the pypes H mid pipe. That is if I can find a shop that will take the cats off and do it.
My understanding is that the H will be less raspy than the x?
I have never had an x before this one. My 95 has been through a half dozen exhaust systems and I have always used an h pipe. I dont want to change the sound of the car drastically because I like the sound of the spintechs.
I really thought about trying the flows on my 95 on it this weekend. They are dumps just wanted to hear the differance.

Torked03

Established Member
prochamber

Well I founf a non udsed prochamber for 75 bucks. Mac Lt's/prochamber/spintech mufflers cant wait to get it together Saturday and see what it sound like.

Users who are viewing this thread