MAC Exhaust in Cali needs a '13 Shelby to prototype exhaust!

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
Any 2013 Shelby owners in California (around area code 951) on here? MAC needs a car to develop an exhaust system. I like MAC and the powerchamber offroad intermediate pipe but I am not close to them. See info emailed to me below...

Hi Casey,

Yes we are looking into making a Axle Back Exhaust System for this vehcile but we will need to get the Mustang into the Shop first for all of the Proto Typing. THis is the issue that we are having. We have not found someone that want to leave there vehcile with us for the testing. We need to have the vehicle for at least a week to make sure that everything works and bolts up right. But as soon as we can get our hands on one then yes we will be offering these parts. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know.

Thank you,
Manny Garcia
MAC Products Inc
951-296-3077

el jefe 302

Making all kinds of gainz
Established Member
For the sake of full disclosure mac has along way to go as far as fit and finish.

My prochamber sounds good but it looks like it was made under a shade tree.

The chamber and outlet pipes are very crooked. :nonono:

Make sure you do alot of research about mac and how Manny claims to not know the 2011 5.0 prochamber fitment/ leaking problems. Even after alot of modded mustang members contacted mac.

They didn't even deburr tbe pipes inside the chamber :nonono: they just cut it with a dull bandsaw blade and welded it up.

th_IMG_1626.jpg

th_IMG_1624.jpg

There might be a reason they cant get a gt500 owner to let them use the car... just saying...

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I had mentioned they may have went out of business but another member posted their website that looks like it's still working.
You can call the number listed and let us know?
I second the MAC quality as above but it still was one of the best sounding exhaust I've used on my cars and it still fit fine so I would still run a Prochamber, hell they can be easily made if you have a custom exhaust guy, just show him that pic of a box with 4 pipe sticking out :)
Seriously though, with my LX I had my exhaust guy adapt my old Prochamber to the new SS headers and we basically kept the MAC box only :) Bad@ss sounding cammed NA 427W though!
-J

Last edited:

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
LOL I hear ya, love that deep hollow sound. The prochamber gives one hell of a unique sound as does there mufflers. Not sure how it would sound on the 5.8 motor but would surely like to listen :beer:

BlownAway03

Established Member
+1 on the Mac sound. I had an off road pro chamber with the Mac catback on my 03 Cobra. It sounded badass. The quality was fine with me. The pipes underneath were black and tips were chrome. Their prices were always good too.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
I think Mac made the MMS Axlebacks and Catbacks for the earlier GT 500's . Correct me if I'm wrong. IMO, they had the best sound with and without headers, deep muscle car sound. Alex at Mackenzie Mustang in Palm Springs sold them.

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
I considered buying that "2011-2012 Pro Chamber to Stock Catalytic" just to get the chamber or see how I could modify it but....

Some simple modifications to a Flowmaster 1-chamber muffler might actually work as the crossover chamber (prochamber) and then have it welded in place of the crossover in any h-pipe. hmmmm....

scottGT500

Established Member
I considered buying that "2011-2012 Pro Chamber to Stock Catalytic" just to get the chamber or see how I could modify it but....

Some simple modifications to a Flowmaster 1-chamber muffler might actually work as the crossover chamber (prochamber) and then have it welded in place of the crossover in any h-pipe. hmmmm....

I'm liking your thought process on that!!

Scott

5.0 guy

Established Member
I've had a fullac exhaust with shortie headers on my 88 5.0 since 1999 and it's worked great

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Mac is definitely not out of business. We have stock orders coming in pretty often and drop ship from them quite often as well if needed.

I'm also curious to hear a Prochamber and Flowpaths on a Shelby as well.

Users who are viewing this thread