Mac Catback

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Jim Vaccaro
This car's too quiet.
One of the all time "sleepers", eh :-D. I've been thinking Flowmaster two-chamber catback. I've got that on my stock '98 and just love the sound.

Yellow03

Established Member
I had a MAC catback on my 2001 Cobra. Don't go with the MAC unless your willing to put up with terrible drone from 200-2500 RPM's.

SVTyballz

Established Member
I've always liked the sound of Dynomax Race Magnums ( now called ultra-flow welded) mufflers. I ordered the Dynomax cat back #19314 this morning from Summit. They have the best price (367.00) plus if you use M54700 discount code you get 10% off (some July promotion) I plan on doing LT's and off-road X later but I had to get this sound changed NOW. The Race Mags are a straight through design. Kinda on the loud side but almost no drone.

http://www.dynomax.com/ultrafloweld.stm

There are sound clips on the site but I don't think they are representative of the real world. I know that mine have never sounded like what they have posted.

gary

Last edited:

a94cobra

Established Member
I have a complete MAC setup on my 94 Cobra. But it has the 5.0. It is the best sounding car on the planet bar none. No drone. Semi-loud. Good idle rumble. I have not heard any MAC stuff on the 4.6 motors though. The design is great the quality sucks though. Headers were/are a pain in the ass and the chrome came off one of the tail pipes.

TopRacer

Why Yellow...? BECAUSE!!
Established Member
I have heard the MAC on a 2001 GT and loved it...the car sounded sooo sweet.

Does anyone know if you can just buy MAC mufflers not the full cat-back??

Thanks...

Hammer

Established Member
Jim,

You should talk to Chris @ Crazy Horse. When he was dyno'ing the MM&FF 03, they took the catbcak completely off just for shitz and giggles. And it yielded no increase whatsoever.

So don't do it for power increase. Apparently there is little or none to be had.

a94cobra

Established Member
Yes you can buy just the mufflers. As I recall they were around the same prices as Flowmasters.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
My cousin has bassani headers and a mac h w/cats and a mac cat back. It's so god damn loud inside the car I can't stand to drive in it for more than 1 hour.

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by Hammer
they took the catbcak completely off just for shitz and giggles. And it yielded no increase whatsoever.
Hammer, what about the X/H pipe with or w/o cat's and or headers? Thank's

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
I just installed a bassani x pipe w/ cats and the mac catback system.. it was the 2.5/3.5 tips

I honestly didnt think it was going to be very loud, but when i picked it up from the shop...damn!!!!!! its very loud! much louder than i expected. The cobra also felt more responsive and quicker (although it could just be that kick ass bass from the new system) Overall it definitely sounds bad ass.. For the price I felt it was a good deal.. Im planning on putting in the k&n filter kit this week.

Users who are viewing this thread