M112 M122 2v or 4v 5.4 Swap

330cuVert

Established Member
I want to supercharge my mustang with a PD supercharger. I figure itll be less expensive.

M112 03 Cobra Blower
M122 GT500 Blower

Heres how I would like to do it

Use the Lightning lower intake on my 2v 5.4 with either the stock intercooler or a custom set up.

I need to see pictures of the stock lightning lower intake with the intercooler mounted .

Here is how I got my inspiration/idea.. M112 on a Stock 5.0
M112SUPERCHARGERASSEMBLY.jpg

Custom Lower intake.. I could just use the Lightning lower
P7050295.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNDMtMjAxMTAxMjEtMTEwNC5qcGc.jpg

Custom intercooler plate for eatons on 3800 v6's same idea would work on the 5.4 if i needed it to
100_3102.jpg

Heres the tork tech kit on a 5.4
102_0065.jpg

Heres a 5.4 with a lightning lower intake, custom block off plate, and a 99-04 mustang plenum with a centri
mustang008.jpg

I planned on using the tork tech kit but at 1900 plus 300 for the 5.4 spacers, and 100 shipping. Basically 2500 out the door for the kit,

I could have a lightning lower, my choice of eaton blower, intercooler, intercooler pump, reservoir, and custom aluminum plate fabbed, heat exchanger alternator relocation, boost bypass valve, injectors, fuel pump, and maybe money left for a tune or blower cams at that point.

So my question is does anyone have pictures of the lightning lower with the intercooler so I can see if I need to custom fab an intercooler or will the stock lightning style work for me.

If i decided to get a little crazier, i might make a custom lower for a Navi 5.4 and put a blower on it. The only thing is that the cams are expensive for the 4v and Id like to use a set of blower cams.

Dont tell me buy a cobra or gt500 or anything I already have the GT and Lightning and a F250

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
Actually, you can't make one cheaper than the TT kit and expect it to work nearly as well. You're idea looks like it works on paper, but there's a lot more to it than that. Trust me, I've been there. Also, do you have any idea how high that set up is going to stick up? You'll never see around it.

The intercooler you posted isn't thick enough to actually cool in the incoming air charge. It would need more contact time. All that little thing is going to do is mess up your air flow.

All that being said, no need to re-invent the wheel. I've made a boxed upper intake that you can run on the V6 pushrod. It's set up for low boost (10 psi) non-intercooled applications. On the V6, it makes almost double the stock hp/tq when done right. The same R&D actually works just fine on the pushrod 5.0L - it just needs the ports cut to match the 5.0L lower (stock or aftermarket). I will say that we put over 3 years of work into getting it just right for airflow. Many people have made 'overnight' knock offs and results have been two fold: blown motor or seriously low #s due to poor airflow.

This set up also fits much nicer under a small cowl hood.

HammerheadM112intake4-1.jpg

DSCF1793.jpg

DSCF1787.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread