M/T ET Streets Bias Ply or Radial?

03Cobranator

Established Member
Right now I have bias ply and they dont hook to well on the street.. but i like the fact that i have a rather tall tire.. Now my buddy is around my HP level and he has the radials and his hooks considerably better then mine.. Now obviously if I warm my tires up quite nicely they hook better but still.. Im kinda stuck between the two.. I dont wanna have to roast my tires off to get decent traction.

03Cobranator

Established Member
No one? Or did i answer my own question? I assume the radials are more intended for street use so they hook better cold... and the bias ply are for more track?

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
I have the et street drag radials..hook most of 1st and all of 2nd w/ 22psi in the tire on the street..haven't tried anything else yet..what did you have when you ran that 10.72?

03Cobranator

Established Member
It was an r6 hoosier slick/rim off my buddys time attack evo lol they were only like 25inches tall I went 10.40 with a 28inch Bias play ET Street.
On the streets i absolutely cannot hook in 1st or 2nd unless i warm them up.. I wasnt expecting to hook in first but I didnt think traction in 2nd was to much to ask for :(

Now my buddys radials dead hook in second.. cold.. and on almost any road.. I need a Nice concrete road for the most ideal hook up because on any other surface its hit or miss..

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I have both! Stock rims with mt etstreet radial&16x10"bogart with mt bias ply! The bias ply wins!!!

03Cobranator

Established Member
I have both! Stock rims with mt etstreet radial&16x10"bogart with mt bias ply! The bias ply wins!!!
Wow this is very reassuring! so you like the bias ply more? I just bought brand new bias ply tires and atleast this makes me feel like I didn't just waste that money.

Users who are viewing this thread