LX Coupe Pricing

TechM3

Established Member
Got it, find one I love and buy it and don't look back! 88 was my first car so I have a connection there.

I had assumed there was a certain Increaseed demand for the 93 with its color match trim and airbag steering wheel. But at the end of the day finding a mint notch of any year is no small task.

Any recent buyer's with first hand price data? Year/miles/condition/price.

Thanks for the responses!

Kevins89notch

Established Member

Dare I say it, but sadly, you have to jump in the cesspool that is foxbody for sale groups on FB and watch the market. For every clean, low mile fox in general, you'll get a endless amount of stupid replied. You get the guy who just wants to post a picture of his car so he replies with "Nice 91 notch, I have a green 93 hatch, check it out...." You have the "I bought one like that for 5K, 15K is stupid!" You get "oh here comes more barrett jackson prices!" You get the folks who think 100K miles, aftermarket suspension, intake, wheels, and paint is the same as a stock example with 60K. "Not that much of a difference." What so many of these broke fools don't understand is the clean foxes sell for mid teens often. I remember earlier this year a white 93 notch in SF area, don't recall mileage, but price was 14K or so, and the car looked like it was new. I'm talking jaw droppingly clean and had like 30 photos, all well lit and HD. Ad was gone within 30 minutes and like 50 replies of people saying they wanted it. People were asking for a paypal to wire a grand to hold it, others saying they could drive in and have the cash in hand within 12 hours. I saw a LX hatch, literally tonight, 30Kish miles, all stock, auto, 13K I think asking price and it was "pending a deal" within 15 minutes.

There was a black/black notch on BaT or so several months ago. The foxbody internet went crazy with how high it went, like 35Kish? The owner actually showed up in a fox group posting it with his other toy, a personal jet owned by his company.

I'm not trying to be mean, but the guy making $15 at a factory in small town Ohio just can't seem to comprehend that a fox isn't "his" game anymore. It was in 1998. It isn't in 2020. They can still have a fox, but they do not have the same access to what they did in 98. I bought a damn clean calypso hatch in 2002ish with 65K miles for 7K. If I parked it, and just circled the block every other month that would be worth likely 13-15K maybe a little more. I remember some saying I overpaid back then. I daily drove it for 2 years, 15K miles, and sold it for $6,500 without trying. Someone offer me that. I didn't even have to make an ad.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I've owned a lot of foxes over the years, including a couple coupes. For me, i'd want mass air at this point, so anything 89' and up or an 88' California car.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I retire next year and will be looking at a BONE STOCK 93 coupe black on black 5 speed. Its funny cause every other car ive ever owned has been modified but with this I just want what I wanted back in High School but could never afford. Graduated in 1990.

And who gives a shit about speed density or pistins smh. The car will remain STOCK so who gives a flying ****.

Ive been told tho if it doesn't have the original tires it cant be sold as stock..... so I will have to come to terms with that.....:rolleyes: Still probably the DUMBEST thing ive ever heard on this forum smfh.

CobraSam

Established Member
It's not just that. Clean, near stock low mile cars are way up. Those aren't what's being cut up to race.

Unless you’re me. I took my 92 coupe with 32,000 miles and hacked her up! Sorry folks. 8.5 chassis cert, through floor frame connectors, yada yada. Now I have a super clean street/strip car.

13BlackGT

Established Member
I found a 33k mile 93 last summer white with black interior. Previous owners have installed aftermarket radio, flowmasters and strut tower brace. Otherwise is stock. Hopefully those mods won’t hurt the future value too much.
f61eb9c2bc7a444a96a6ec850c8e5ad0.jpg

91 coupe, 93 coupe, 13 Gt

trxcobra

Established Member
There are a lot of different opinions on LX coupe value these days - I have personally seen a handful of very clean, tastefully modded or stock, sub-100k mile cars sell in the $20 - 30k range this year. Mileage is important but condition definitely trumps it, and bone stock is typically the most expensive. Year doesn't seem to matter a whole lot - some like the tweed interior in the later cars, some like speed density and no airbag, etc.... all personal preference.
I will say that '93 Black on Black seems to be the top dog, though.

Supply is low and a lot of people want them... I don't expect that to change anytime soon. It seems as though I have a few people every month asking if I am willing to sell mine and the offers have been strong (several in the upper $20s).
There are some dreamers out there who seem to think they are still worth $12k max, those days are gone!

Dusten

Established Member
I would start in an area that doesn’t have a race track anywhere close.
A car that is 35 years old, that's kind of irrelevant unless you're checking title history until the beginning of time. Just because it doesn't live by a track now doesn't mean it didn't used to. It also doesn't mean it has seen plenty of street action.

Dusten

Established Member
Got it, find one I love and buy it and don't look back! 88 was my first car so I have a connection there.

I had assumed there was a certain Increaseed demand for the 93 with its color match trim and airbag steering wheel. But at the end of the day finding a mint notch of any year is no small task.

Thanks for the responses!
Yesterday. Oregon City.
Family owned, 3rd owner. 140,000 miles. Repainted in factory color with belt line color matched. Scarlett red. Originally red interior, now black. Swapped with oem black pieces, nothing dyed. 5 lug swap, exhaust and gears. otherwise stock. 1987 Notchback. 13,000

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
The fox is the new Chevelle. Trends go with ages of buyers and it is the fox time to shine. I was in Daytona this past weekend and saw several cars, all were over priced to start with but who knows what they could have been bought for.
They will continue to rise in price as the market is just now starting to see them.
For those of you that have your car in the mid to high teens have a really good investment. I wish I had plenty of room and money, I would be on a buying spree. It is not too late to dive in!

john11gt

Established Member
A car that is 35 years old, that's kind of irrelevant unless you're checking title history until the beginning of time. Just because it doesn't live by a track now doesn't mean it didn't used to. It also doesn't mean it has seen plenty of street action.

What I meant by that was that if there’s no race track near by there will probably be less people looking to build a race car, so they should be cheaper.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I retire next year and will be looking at a BONE STOCK 93 coupe black on black 5 speed. Its funny cause every other car ive ever owned has been modified but with this I just want what I wanted back in High School but could never afford. Graduated in 1990.

And who gives a shit about speed density or pistins smh. The car will remain STOCK so who gives a flying ****.

Ive been told tho if it doesn't have the original tires it cant be sold as stock..... so I will have to come to terms with that.....:rolleyes: Still probably the DUMBEST thing ive ever heard on this forum smfh.

I had an 89 LX coupe 5.0/5 speed, Cabinet Red with gray interior in high school too. Graduated in '97 though.

q6543

Established Member
Anything in the teens is a bargain for a nice one. Seeing 20s more and more.

It's easier to price them in bitcoin... a nice notch costs around 1 bitcoin.....ONE.

Users who are viewing this thread