LX Coupe Pricing

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Fox body pricing is definitely region too. The south still has the cheaper cars. You will pay dearly in the northeast or CA for nice cars. We'll look back in 5 years and laugh at these prices. Supply and demand, inflation, nostalgia all point to higher prices.

mld54

Established Member
Mine was on the bucket list. I couldn't afford one when they were new. I owned a 91 hatch for 20 years, supercharged at first then turbocharged. Bought a new HP Performance kit back in the day. When I retired I figured it was time to build the car I always wanted. The hatch was showing it's age inside and out but the drivetrain was good. It had a Dart 347, fully built 4R70W and a 9 inch. Engine was controlled by a series 1 AEM. When I started looking at what it would cost to get the body and interior up to the quality I wanted, I decided to look for another car. I wanted a coupe so I took my time and after about a year and a half I found this in the fall of 2015.
IMG_3004_2.jpeg

IMG_2992 - Copy.jpeg

A 93 with 34,000 miles always kept inside never driven in bad weather. I'm the 3rd owner, both the previous owners took it to car shows and drove it on nice days. I paid $15,000 for it and was happy to find it. All original except for BBK shorty headers and 65mm T/B.

I swapped the drivetrains from my old hatch and the new coupe, sold the hatch to a friends son, he is a member here. He used it for a daily driver while he was in school. I also helped mentor him building his supercharged coupe. My old hatch is in the first picture in his build thread.

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/foxbody-coupe-build.1135540/

I also own the blue coupe now, trying to decide what I'm going to do with it.

This is the red coupe after I built it.
IMG_1098.jpeg

This pic is with the hood that came off the hatch.

IMG_1245.jpeg

New steel hood I just put on it a week ago.

IMG_1224.jpeg

Dart 331, 4R70W, 9 inch, Haltech engine management, flex fuel, traction control etc. Air conditioning will be back on it by the spring.

A lot of people would say I should have left it stock, but that isn't what I wanted. I figured it is my money and car so I built my bucket list car.

Last edited:

triple-s

Established Member
Yup. 200K miles. Pretty much original in great shape with no rust. I've seen guys pay 5-6K for complete dog turds. When you factor in body work, a good paint job, redoing an interior, fixing all the mechanical/electrical issues...you'll blow through 10K real quick. The car runs runs strong, doesn't burn any oil, passes CA smog easily. Maybe I just lucky...but I'm not selling it for 8K anytime soon!
true story people forget these are 25+ years old i think you got a good deal if the body is straight with a good interior. In the long run not everyone is going to agree on what these cars are worth but if you drive it and it puts a smile on your face then it was worth it to me.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You guys want a good laugh. Look on eBay and see what some are asking for GT and verts. There is a white vert that looks ugly with side moldings painted red. Dealer has it at over 16k.

I'd like to buy another fox, probably a GT.

I should have NEVER sold this back in 09. Had 39k original miles. Sold for 10,500.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
73a045837d5506bef9d3eb58784a9117.jpg

Hef

Established Member
This thread is so great! Makes me feel like I’m in high school again. The days of ripping the cheesecutter tail lights out of our GT’s, putting in LX tail lights, A9L computers, converting speed density cars to mass air, cranking the timing up to 14 degrees, dreaming of finding a clean notchback, Pro 5.0 short throw shifters, Ford Racing cams (shoutout for the B303!), broken map lamps and ash tray covers, the fog light wiring issues, ripping off smog pumps, dreaming of 331 and 347 strokers for our Foxbody, putting coupe/notch tailpipes on GT’s, pitching turbine wheels for chrome pony’s or cobra R wheels, drag lites on a Fox

Oh, the memories. I love these cars. I miss my first true love. 1988 Ford Mustang GT.... I wanted a black notch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And 4 cylinder springs in the front to lower them a bit

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
Why not Foxbody Thunderbird from 87-88 aka. Aerobird?

Sure, a little larger and heavier than a Mustang but far nicer interior, better exterior looks (in my opinion) and most Fox Mustang partsr fit.
Best of all, they're like 1/5 of the price of a Fox Mustang.

The 5.0 T-bird gutless due to not having the H.O configuration but that's fixable ofcourse. If you plan on doing a build it's not even gonna bother you a single bit.

Impossible for my to upload any pictures of my car on this website, it simply just wont.
See my instagram for Aerobird inspirational pictures: Login • Instagram

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
This thread is so great! Makes me feel like I’m in high school again. The days of ripping the cheesecutter tail lights out of our GT’s, putting in LX tail lights, A9L computers, converting speed density cars to mass air, cranking the timing up to 14 degrees, dreaming of finding a clean notchback, Pro 5.0 short throw shifters, Ford Racing cams (shoutout for the B303!), broken map lamps and ash tray covers, the fog light wiring issues, ripping off smog pumps, dreaming of 331 and 347 strokers for our Foxbody, putting coupe/notch tailpipes on GT’s, pitching turbine wheels for chrome pony’s or cobra R wheels, drag lites on a Fox

Oh, the memories. I love these cars. I miss my first true love. 1988 Ford Mustang GT.... I wanted a black notch!

Yes indeed. I've owned 2 of them between 1999 - 2005 and certainly had good times. One was supercharged and the other with a 347. You'll certainly have to pay up for a clean one regardless of mileage today. If I win the lottery, I'll have a 93 cobra with a coyote swap, T56 and IRS as a weekend cruiser.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
You guys want a good laugh. Look on eBay and see what some are asking for GT and verts. There is a white vert that looks ugly with side moldings painted red. Dealer has it at over 16k.

I'd like to buy another fox, probably a GT.

I should have NEVER sold this back in 09. Had 39k original miles. Sold for 10,500.

View attachment 1675922

You should be ashamed of yourself for letting that thing go... LOL!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You should be ashamed of yourself for letting that thing go... LOL!

That's what the wife said. But I bought my cobra right after.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So which one do you like best now that you've had both?

The cobra no doubt. It's so fun to drive, especially with more hp. I've always been a foxbody guy, so I hope to add more to the stable. If my fox had a terminator motor then it might be a closer contest.

Hef

Established Member
The cobra no doubt. It's so fun to drive, especially with more hp. I've always been a foxbody guy, so I hope to add more to the stable. If my fox had a terminator motor then it might be a closer contest.

I agree. My terminator was the most fun car to drive and easiest to make hp with

Kornilov

Established Member
A thread like this will pop up in about 10 years centered on SN95 and New Edge cars. The New edge cars are already starting to get hard to find for unmolested versions. If you have cash and space, go around buying up clean SN95/New Edge cars, because the high school students of 15 years ago are going to want to spend nostalgia money in 10 years.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
A thread like this will pop up in about 10 years centered on SN95 and New Edge cars. The New edge cars are already starting to get hard to find for unmolested versions. If you have cash and space, go around buying up clean SN95/New Edge cars, because the high school students of 15 years ago are going to want to spend nostalgia money in 10 years.

This. I really should of held on to my 01. Even if it sat the majority of the time

Gravik

Established Member
I bought my bimini blue '92 LX for $6000 a few years ago. Had a built 306, exhaust, gforce t5, recaro seats. Paint wasn't perfect and it did have some rust.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

john11gt

Established Member

I’ve always had a soft spot for the sn95s. That’ll be my next mustang when the time comes.

RX1Cobra

Established Member

Hopefully! I'm the original owner of my 01 Cobra. Has low 60's on it and in solid condition. Also has an Eaton.

Users who are viewing this thread