Lund Racing 2011 Mustang Twin Turbo Alpha Car

str3ck

Established Member
and this is why i just scored the last spot in the pre-orders. that kit will be crazy on my Boss.

I can't wait for next spring. hopefully the kits will be ready before that, but i'll be doing the install over winter.

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
and this is why i just scored the last spot in the pre-orders. that kit will be crazy on my Boss.

I can't wait for next spring. hopefully the kits will be ready before that, but i'll be doing the install over winter.

Not sure if you track your BOSS, so this may not apply, but if so are you going with a smaller turbo setup?

Bud

Established Member
damn now there will be two Lund TT cars within about 7 miles of each other here in Oklahoma.

We have 1 in CO now and another 2 coming this winter. There are quite a few fun 5.0's in the area already so it will be good times at the track here next year.

Will be good to meet Ken in person after having him tuning on my car all summer.

str3ck

Established Member
Not sure if you track your BOSS, so this may not apply, but if so are you going with a smaller turbo setup?

no, but a boost controller will help in not making to much power down low. you can fine tune some boost controllers to be speed activated, not RPM based. that way i can keep the tires from going up in smoke every time i get on it coming out of a corner.

damn now there will be two Lund TT cars within about 7 miles of each other here in Oklahoma.

no that's good. are you doing the install yourself or having someone do it for you? if you plan on attacking it yourself, let me know and i'll be happy to give you a hand. besides, having two of these kits in the area means we can crush twice as many camaro and vette owners egos.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
no, but a boost controller will help in not making to much power down low. you can fine tune some boost controllers to be speed activated, not RPM based. that way i can keep the tires from going up in smoke every time i get on it coming out of a corner.

no that's good. are you doing the install yourself or having someone do it for you? if you plan on attacking it yourself, let me know and i'll be happy to give you a hand. besides, having two of these kits in the area means we can crush twice as many camaro and vette owners egos.

It's my buddy that is going from a single to the twins he is gonna install it himself. I have the kona blue Roushcharged 5.0 that Is typically seen running around 19th and the Moore area. I want a piece of the ZL1 that's in Moore. I've only seen it once though.

str3ck

Established Member
It's my buddy that is going from a single to the twins he is gonna install it himself. I have the kona blue Roushcharged 5.0 that Is typically seen running around 19th and the Moore area. I want a piece of the ZL1 that's in Moore. I've only seen it once though.

Sounds like we need to have a couple of install parties. Shoot me an IM with your info and we'll get all the cars together some time.

YLYCYOT

Turbo Taxed
Established Member
I want a piece of the ZL1 that's in Moore. I've only seen it once though.

I think he lives by me. Ive seen it a couple times on broadway!

Sounds like we need to have a couple of install parties. Shoot me an IM with your info and we'll get all the cars together some time.

Im the one getting the twins. I plan on doing the install myself. Im going to go return style fuel system and hopefully a shortblock before install and tuning. I think the install shouldnt be too bad..

str3ck

Established Member
I think he lives by me. Ive seen it a couple times on broadway!

Im the one getting the twins. I plan on doing the install myself. Im going to go return style fuel system and hopefully a shortblock before install and tuning. I think the install shouldnt be too bad..

Sounds good. I work in the oil field so my timing is always a little funky, but we should get together.

We can go out for a beer sometime and talk about future mods. these kits should be, and Ken put it to me in an e-mail, legendary. i think OKC needs a few more 800-900+ HP mustangs to mess with all the chevy and import guys around here.

Not trying to derail this thread, i'm super jealous of the OP and can't wait for the production kits to start shipping.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Sounds good. I work in the oil field so my timing is always a little funky, but we should get together.

We can go out for a beer sometime and talk about future mods. these kits should be, and Ken put it to me in an e-mail, legendary. i think OKC needs a few more 800-900+ HP mustangs to mess with all the chevy and import guys around here.

Not trying to derail this thread, i'm super jealous of the OP and can't wait for the production kits to start shipping.

not gonna lie, pretty big fan of beer!:beer: I think my next build is going to be a TT car.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
What are the latest updates? I see that the manifold design was changed to stainless steel.

I plan to install this kit on my 2014 GT within the next year, but plan to forge the internals so I can increase the boost safely to 10 or 12 PSI reliably.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Whatever happened with these kits though? I feel like KenB fell off the map after 2012.

Benchracer

Established Member
Latest update: Kits were scheduled to be done by April of this year. The foundry making the manifolds had a fire in March and was a total loss. The hired a different company to make the manifolds which will now be cast stainless steel instead of the previous plan of using cast iron. This upgrade will not cost the people already on the list any extra. No exact date set but speculating July/August this year.

svt04cobra1

Established Member
Its the never ending turbo kit build. By the time this kit is out to the public, Hellion has sold hundreds and has saturated the market. Good luck.

CPRsm

Luckily the market wasn't ruined completely by hellion with thier single kit huh? Maybe if people weren't so interested in how many, and how fast they could sell kits it wouldn't have been a problem to begin with. But I suppose it was the dealers fault though. Who was the biggest single kit proponent out there for those again?

Users who are viewing this thread