Lumber

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Let the retards have their fun. We know the stupid potato president ones. Builders in my area have escalation clauses in their contracts. Scary honestly.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
7/16 OSB is $46 today at Home Depot.
I’m in plumbing, and I’ve been using demo’d out lumber for backing..... first time in my life.

Crazy...

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Guess I should take advantage of the prices and sell a pallet of pine tongue and groove I have leftover from my build.

My94GT

Established Member
Lumber prices are ridiculous. Was going to build a new house this year, and lumber has gone up $40k since I got my first bid in July.
We’re in the process of starting a new build. We were told our bid quote from this time last year has gone up 70k for lumber. It’s wild, I’m heavily debating sitting on the property for at least 6 months before we start. Only down side is missing out on a favorable market to sell our current home in but I’m not sure it would make up for inflated build costs.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We’re in the process of starting a new build. We were told our bid quote from this time last year has gone up 70k for lumber. It’s wild, I’m heavily debating sitting on the property for at least 6 months before we start. Only down side is missing out on a favorable market to sell our current home in but I’m not sure it would make up for inflated build costs.

I would wait.

Or, I would sell your current house and buy a much cheaper 'between' house that you can keep as a rental or sell off when its time to move into the new one.

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
Remodeling my upstairs. Six and half bucks for a 2x4x8 stud.

Also, wtf is with the blue receptacle box shortage?

My94GT

Established Member
I would wait.

Or, I would sell your current house and buy a much cheaper 'between' house that you can keep as a rental or sell off when its time to move into the new one.
We own a condo which we currently rent. If it wasn’t occupied with a very good tenant we’d be back in it for a while. We’re going to settle on the property end of this month and see what prices do over the next 4 months. We were told it’s a 2-3 month wait for the site engineer to get out anyway lol. Also the county is so behind, as it is we had to extend our land evaluation period twice because it took the county 8 weeks to get us copies of land and perk records which normally only take a week to get.

it’s a wild time to go through this now.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Yep, you could also have a "my 2021 911 turbo S" thread of your own.
We are moving out of our office, the admin is tossing out stuff and brought a wood cutting board to me to see if my wife wanted it.

My wife said no, but I need more tires and wood is good right now, you know?

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
My wife works for a company that build luxury retirement homes and things are INSANE. From shipping, building material for them are always high because each home has all custom built furniture buts its gotten crazy. They have communities around the world and its happening everywhere.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
We just got a permit for a sawmill assembly project. 1 of 2 mills 00frick and an 01frick hydraulic live deck and turners. This will be an enjoyable job. Old school 60 inch blade. Waiting on some structural engineering. I'm at 2k for my wife's chickens. Between the insulated heated small pep house. To the fencing, and bigger coup. View attachment 1697806View attachment 1697807View attachment 1697808View attachment 1697809View attachment 1697811

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Frick and in Henry Frick?...as in Carneige Steel Henry Frick?...thats a cool piece

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I dont wanna talk about lumber prices...building a pole barn now...luckily the quote was done in Dec

20210402-164820.jpg

mobile phone direct trustpilot

Locked in the price on my new house several months ago as well

Attachments

• 20210402-164820.jpg
    20210402-164820.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 72

MFE

Established Member
Can someone give me their opinion on why the sudden spike? The last hurricane didn't cause a spike here in Houston like this. I can't remember the last spike. Why?

The last hurricane season started the inventory pinch, and it's only made worse with production changes driven by Covid. Sawmills cut way back thinking there would be a big dip in demand that never materialized, and then there were shutdowns from employees testing positive. So, supply is way short, but demand is higher than ever. Skyrocketing prices gonna skyrocket.

MFE

Established Member
There's at least one major builder in Arizona who is offering customers to get out of their contracts if construction hasn't started yet. They're saying the construction timelines are being pushed out upwards of a year, and blaming it on supply issues, so if you want out, you can get out. Part of me wonders if the builders know they can turn around and sell the prospective property for 50% more than it's currently contracted for. thanks to the ****ing exodus of Californians coming here and buying everything in sight.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
People don't realize the cardboard used daily by Amazon alone. We indirectly subsidize shipping for them through them taking advantage of the USPS too. Amazon should and will have to eventually come up with a way to ship or deliver without exploiting our natural resources to the extent they are. How many trees are lost each day in the name of convenience of next day delivery.

I'm not a tree hugger, just figured I'd point out one of the biggest if not the biggest exploiter of our pulp resources. It affects supply prices.

Users who are viewing this thread