Lug Pattern

Bolt99SVT

missin' the screams...
Established Member
Hey All,

I have a question about the lug pattern on the Gen 1 Lightnings. Sorry if its a stupid question... but I was wondering if the bolt pattern is the same 5-135mm thats on the Gen 2 L's ??

I have a '67 F100 with original drum brakes and 5-5 1/2" bolt pattern. I want to see if I can put stock Gen 2 Lightning wheels on it, and I was wondering what the best, and cheapest, way to do this...

Any help would be appreciated.:beer:
Thanks,
Frank

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
I don't know if this will answer your question or not but I know gen 1 wheels are 5-5.5 and the only thing you have to do to make gen 2 wheels fit is just bore out the holes a little. The spacing is the same. I would think that they would fit. Good luck.

AJ

Do you have any pictures of your project truck? I have seen one incomplete F100 project truck with a lightning drivetrain and have always wondered how it would look done.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
no, but gen 1 wheels look real good on those trucks.

HPIM0322.jpg

odoyle

Established Member
you can drill the holes with an 11/16th bit and they will work fine.. i've done 3 sets of Gen2 wheels like this on my 93L

Last edited:

Bolt99SVT

missin' the screams...
Established Member
Yea my question is basically answered. I was also wondering if there was any better, but still cheap, way to acomplish my task? Bcuz if its safe enough to drill out the lug holes, its gonna be alot of work. A couple people also suggested adapters, but I'm worried about how much the wheels might stick out...:shrug:
I started a similar thread in the Gen2 section awhile back and someone said to ask you guys about the Gen1 Lightnings. I've seen a couple Gen1 Lightnings that have a set of Gen2 wheels. Thats why I thought the Gen1's had the same 5x135mm pattern.

The Gen1 wheels look good and that's awesome that its the same bolt pattern! But I want to see if I can get the Gen2 wheels to work bcuz I miss my '99 L and I want something 5-spoke and bigger than the 15s that are on it now.

I guess my truck shouldn't really be called a "project" bcuz it was pretty much complete by the time I bought it. There's just a few more things I want to do to it, or change.
I'll try to get some pics on here in the next few minutes or so.

Thanks for all the help so far.
Frank

Bolt99SVT

missin' the screams...
Established Member
Here's a few pics that I had on the comp. I usually take better pics, but this was at a local Carshow last Fall.

The truck is a 1967 F100 shortbed with a 390 FE engine and C6 trans.

Notice the gas filler location...

-Frank

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
all the gen 1's i saw running gen 2 wheels were after market repops in the 5x5.5 pattern. other than that the resizing that was suggested above was the only alternative.
btw, nice "bump". if you haven't already, please check out "fordification.com". a very informative and friendly site.

Bolt99SVT

missin' the screams...
Established Member
all the gen 1's i saw running gen 2 wheels were after market repops in the 5x5.5 pattern. other than that the resizing that was suggested above was the only alternative.
btw, nice "bump". if you haven't already, please check out "fordification.com". a very informative and friendly site.

Ok I see what you mean. Also, that "fordification" site is pretty awesome. I can't believe nobody's told me about it before.
Hey, is your F100 lowered at all? and what size tires are on the Gen1 wheels in the pic?

Thanks,
Frank

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
Ok I see what you mean. Also, that "fordification" site is pretty awesome. I can't believe nobody's told me about it before.
Hey, is your F100 lowered at all? and what size tires are on the Gen1 wheels in the pic?

Thanks,
Frank

thanks. it's lowered 3/5 and those are the stock lightning size on there. 275/60-17.

Bolt99SVT

missin' the screams...
Established Member
thanks. it's lowered 3/5 and those are the stock lightning size on there. 275/60-17.

Oh ok...I was thinking the stock Gen1 wheels were 16s.
WOW!!...thats a 3/5 drop?!? ...that truck must've looked jacked up before the drop. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I'm still trying to get familiar with the older trucks. I'm still not exactly sure how much my truck was lowered, but it looks close to yours, or maybe a little lower.

Did you adjust your camber after you lowered the truck?? If so, how did you go about doing that?
My truck has a pretty bad negative camber on the front, but I think some of that might be the 390 motor.....compared to the 6 cyl. that came stock.

****SORRY to the other Gen1 guys for changing the subject..
Its just neat to find someone with a similar truck to mine.:beer:

Thanks,
Frank

ijkl539

Banned
RuneScape Autotyper

Some Runescape Players come to our site and ask us if we have to get runescape Autotyper or runescape hacks. We alwsys told them that there is no runescape gold hacks or runescape account hacks or Runescape Money here. we're a professional gold selling site, we have no time and interests to scam u, we only sell Runscape Gold.Ur acc is no use for us. We do this for clients hundres of times every day.We can guarantee we're a site u can trust and u'll come back again after this first successful business.In forward to know more abount what is is runescape Autotyper. So I read some articles. There are some information about RuneScape Autoty per. Shared!Just passing on the love.This is the best AutoTyper I swear to god. Undetecdable.To download do the following.Click on the linkhttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=BW7X98OPOn the top right corner type the numbers/letters shown into the box to the right of it.Then click enter. The download will start.NEW!:AutoWcer:Do the same as the AutoTyper.Auto WcerI found a auto wcer just for you! I just didnt think anyone was intrested I tested it, and it works properly, like the auto typer.http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2I5NINP4Post comments after you have tried out this auto typer and/or wcer!Most macro programs have key loggers though and virus, should always scan your computer after trying one to double check.How come im banned?!?I'm trying to spread the love of auto ing. Autoers WILL take over Runescape and you cant stop it.Do u have to download the toolbar first?Runescape News More from www.runescape2gold.net... More>>

Users who are viewing this thread