Lug Nut Question

15CompOrange

Hi Everyone, I currently have a 2008 Infiniti G37s, but will be getting a new 2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT PP next month. I just have a few questions before I make the switch over. Right now, I am planning on swapping my 19" Forgestar F14 wheels from my Infiniti over to the new Mustang. The current Kic R40 lug nuts I have on my Infiniti will not fit because the 2015 Mustangs are now M14x1.5.

So, my question is for you guys getting aftermarket wheels, what lug nuts are you pairing the wheels with? I've heard putting OE lugs on aftermarket wheels is a bad decision. If you guys ARE using other lug nuts other than the OE ones, which are you using?

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to get back into American Muscle. I've had 2 Mustangs in the past (91 5.0 & 2000 GT). My Infiniti just doesn't produce the power that I'm looking for, even after a full mod list and tuning.

Zemedici

Established Member
Just order a set off ebay, make sure they've got a good rating, and make sure you get tuner spline lugs. Shouldn't cost more than $20-30 for the set, and you can get any color you want. :-D

Shelbyman

Established Member
Be careful to note the contact patch of the lug and wheel. You should match them so they are the same. The original lugs are much different than the aftermarket. I had to look a good bit to find black replacement lugs for my stock black wheels. I didn't care for the stock chrome lugs. I don't have any comment on the aftermarket wheels lug contact patch...just not familiar with those.

Users who are viewing this thread