LT w/H|X-Pipe and No Cats Owners Please chime in

kw_rc

Established Member
Folks, I'm trying to find out what Axle-Back mufflers work with Long Tubes + H-Pipe + No Cats AND do NOT drone. It's no secret that finding that right sound is very difficult and highly subjective. However, it seems that drone is an objective measure that we can report. Like many of you, I've gone through my share of setups trying to find the sweet spot. What could help us guys moving forward is to get feedback that can help us all avoid the dreaded DRONE. I'll start with my experience to grease the skids and I'd like your feedback to share with the rest of the community. We could use the help because each time we change things up it will typically be in the $700-$1100 range and that gets expensive really quick. So here are the mufflers that I've tried with LT's, H-Pipe and no cats and the outcome:

• Roush's - Droned like cray-cray
  • Stock 11-12 - No Drone
  • Corsa Sports - No Drone
  • MRT Interceptors - Drone City
  • Magnaflow Street - Drone

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Folks, I'm trying to find out what Axle-Back mufflers work with Long Tubes + H-Pipe + No Cats AND do NOT drone. It's no secret that finding that right sound is very difficult and highly subjective. However, it seems that drone is an objective measure that we can report. Like many of you, I've gone through my share of setups trying to find the sweet spot. What could help us guys moving forward is to get feedback that can help us all avoid the dreaded DRONE. I'll start with my experience to grease the skids and I'd like your feedback to share with the rest of the community. We could use the help because each time we change things up it will typically be in the $700-$1100 range and that gets expensive really quick. So here are the mufflers that I've tried with LT's, H-Pipe and no cats and the outcome:

• Roush's - Droned like cray-cray
  • Stock 11-12 - No Drone
  • Corsa Sports - No Drone
  • MRT Interceptors - Drone City
  • Magnaflow Street - Drone

Let's assume this is a GT500 of the 07-12 range.

FRPP SVT-1 (which is highly unlikely that you'll find new because they stopped production)

OR

Borla Touring, which is the same thing. Zero drone. None. Nada.

bj

Bravo gt 500

TVS POWERED
Established Member
Let's assume this is a GT500 of the 07-12 range.

FRPP SVT-1 (which is highly unlikely that you'll find new because they stopped production)

Borla Touring, which is the same thing. Zero drone. None. Nada.

bj
+1 a lot of people run this muffler with long tubes

Users who are viewing this thread