LS1 Puppy kicking a 328i

KingJacobo

GM Fanboy Gone Darkside
Established Member
I have a 6 speed 99 Trans Am with minor bolt ons, dynoed 316rwhp. Full exhaust, 4.10s and a tune on Nitto 555s. Driver + skinny passenger.

Friend had a stock 07 328i sedan, no passengers.

We both knew an LS1 vs his 240hp bimmer would be a slaughter, but had never run our cars.

It was colder, mid 40s. At about 10mph in 1st, I let him take the hit and when he was a full car in front I hit it in 1st. Spinning all the way through 1st and half of 2nd before I finally get traction. He's got a decent 2-3carish lead on me at this point and momentum on his side, but by 55 I'm finally reeling him in. At about 80ish I was screaming by him and pulled about 2 cars before running down just under 100.

Next run I figured I'll try starting in 2nd since 1st was useless at about 20. I let him take the hit again, but wasn't as asleep this time and hit it when ai was at his rear door. Still spun in 2nd but nowhere near as bad as 1st, similar results with him holding me off until about 85 then me blowing by him.

I was impressed with how long the little BMW held me off, but I'm assuming my lack of traction and the big head start he got helped a lot.

Nothing impressive, just 2 slower cars having fun.

Users who are viewing this thread