LQ9 \ls coil swap

2002BOSS

Established Member
So. Long and short. cars been off the raod for three years do to personal issues in my life. I've finally got her running again but need a set coil packs. I can sense a miss in 1 plus the last time the car was at the track I had a lot of issues running e-85...

So, I can get a set of LQ9 coils of a friend for penuts, the car makes about 700 on e-85 so it may seem like over kill but I have a large turbo sitting on the shelf in the shop hopefully making an appearance over this winter in the car so why not upgrade now.

My question is, from searching I've scene many swaps but all seem to have aftermarket Conputers. I'm still running my factory computer this year with tuning software. Is it possible to wire the could using the factory computer? Thanks Jim.

SlowSVT

Established Member
My understanding is the GM coil are not compatible with the Ford ECU and requires a "stand alone" aftermarket engine control module. The GM coils have a lot higher output coils as their size suggests over the factory COP's but the compatibility thing is why you don't see them very often on a mod motor :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread