Lowest Interest Rates In 5,000 years

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Sometimes I think I am paranoid about the future and shit like this shows up and I realize I am probably not paranoid enough.

Global interest rates move off of 5,000 year lows: At the Open
  • Last year marked the secular low point for inflation and interest rates and 2021 is bringing global rates off the lowest point since 3000 BC, BofA Data Analytics says.
  • In the chart below, BofA illustrates the path of long- and short-term rates covering a period that includes the Great Depression, the Napoleonic Wars, the fall of the Roman Empire and the building of the Pyramids at Giza.
  • Sources include BofA's own strategy department, the Bank of England, Global Financial Data and the influential book "A History of Interest Rates" by Sidney Homer and Richard Sylla.

saupload_BofA_rates_5000_041521_thumb1.png

q6543

Established Member
In a sound monetary system there can be no interest. Interest is the critical flaw.

That's why negative real rates are needed globally to eat away this compound monster we've created.

Established Member
Interest is the expense that covers transaction costs, default risk, and opportunity costs. Negative interest rates is a tax on savings in currency form.

Users who are viewing this thread