Lowering Springs?

whitelightning9

Established Member
Hi, Just wanted to say I am new to the 93 cobra crowd. I have previously owned a white 95 cobra and years ago a 91Gt. I have always wanted a 93 cobra and now I have one. For those that follow the crowd, I am the new owner of the black 93 that was restored by Aaron Stiles. The reason for this post is that I am wondering if this car has lowering springs, there are no tags on the springs and I cant tell if they have been changed or not, also either I have been driving a truck too long or am just getting too old, but the car seems to ride really rough over bumps. I measured the front and rear fenders from ground level to bottom of fender (centered on wheel) and have 26.5" up front and 27.25" in the rear. I am wondering if someone with stock setup can measure their's and let me know if this is the correct heght. I am needing to know as I had to have the tires re-mounted on the rims as someone put "winter" tires on and when these were remounted they ere mounted backwards...anyway I was told that the lower front balljoints are bad. If I have to replace balljoints, and possibly springs, I want to do this all at once. Sorry for being so long winded, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
From what I know and see over 1993cobra.com, Aaron always like's to use oe parts when he fully restores his '93's. However, I do recall seeing red struts and shocks on that car, if i'm correct. Not sure of the brand they are. That could be some of the ruff ride your experiencing. But, if your planning or keeping the car and want a really nice ride and stance. You can't go wrong with H&R Sports springs, Tociko Blue struts/shock, MM CC plates. That's if you wanted to modded the car a little. I did that exact set up on my 150k mile teal and rides better then new or any low mileage cobra... IMO.

You should become a member over on 1993cobra.com. Aaron's on there all the time. You can PM him questions about your car.

Last edited:

whitelightning9

Established Member
Thanks for the response, I actually am thinking of a setup close to what you mention. I have tried to become a member on the registry, but thats easier said than done......Im glad to hear that that setup has a good ride as I am willing to sacrafice performance for some ride quality! The way the car is now, if you hit a small bump it feels like something is going to break, Im thinking they might be an old cheap specific rate spring of some sort, or maybe the shocks and struts are just tired.....anyway thanks for the response.

WillyB93

Established Member
Thanks for the response, I actually am thinking of a setup close to what you mention. I have tried to become a member on the registry, but thats easier said than done......Im glad to hear that that setup has a good ride as I am willing to sacrafice performance for some ride quality! The way the car is now, if you hit a small bump it feels like something is going to break, Im thinking they might be an old cheap specific rate spring of some sort, or maybe the shocks and struts are just tired.....anyway thanks for the response.

Is it all the pot holes in Toledo then? Probably wouldn't hurt to do a little upgrading anyways. I will try to measure my car when I get home, gotta mow the grass anyways. Send a private message to me or brett your username and email address you registered under and we will see what we can do for you about 1993cobra.com

whitelightning9

Established Member
Potholes? Yup, you have been to Toledo! No, I think ts just in need of upgrading....No matter how much work has already been done, I realize its hard to fix everything! I wanted a car that was somewhat of a project anyway.....best part is that the paint is awesome, I'll take care of the rest....all in time! I'll send the PM

WillyB93

Established Member
I came up with 26 5/8 on the front and 27 5/8 on the rear on my teal car.

Users who are viewing this thread