Lowering springs for 03s

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Got a quick question.
For those of you who have 03s and have lowering springs..
1. What springs are you running (please attach picture if possible)

2. How much did your ride quality suffer (I know this is part of the game when you put springs on a car....but I hate the ride of my 95 GT and want to avoid that)

3. Has the spring install helped or made wheel hop worse?

Thanks for any and all info you guys may have.
Chris

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Yeah...I did a search only on the 03 page and didn't get exactly what I was looking for....not many pictures, and not a whole lot of variety in Spring recommendations....

Thanks

fakesnake.com

Established Member
Here's a couple of pics-

03lowered.jpg

cobra6.jpg

NickSVT03

Established Member
Did you bring your car to dallas for fun ford weekend? I remember seeing pics of an 03 with 19" HRE's on it running low 12's.

Bizarro, I have the 99-01 Eibach sport springs on my car. The issue with these springs is my drivers side front tire hits the top of the well when I go over a dip. Ride quality is still the same, but the 99-01 springs were made to handle the 100 extra pounds that the 03's have.

NickSVT03

Established Member
Originally posted by fakesnake.com
No, it wasn't me. Car hasn't left California. It certainly has seen plenty of it though- 4 1/2 months and 11,500 miles.

LOL Ya I think this one might have been black! At least you are getting your money's worth!:thumbsup:

<-----5500 in 3 months!;-)

fakesnake.com

Established Member
Yeah, I figured after selling the show car with 10k miles in the last 3 years I was going to drive the hell out this one. Drove through a big rain storm this weekend. Finally found a use for the traction control button.

SVT Bullitt

Established Member
FakeSnake, which springs are you using?? I just installed an 03 IRS in my Bullitt and nee to lower it now to match the front. I origionally had Eibach sportlines but the springs wont work on the IRS. Thanks

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I have Eibach. Rides great, handles great, and no rubbing issues. I am really happy with them.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Sorry, that didn't post right. I just named it something stupid quick so I could post it.

Brad

Banned
I installed H&R's, do the install yourself if you have basic tools and a nice warm place to work for 5 hours.

low1.jpg

low2.jpg

fakesnake.com

Established Member
Brad, is that the before or after pic? The car looks like it is sitting high up.

The fronts are a piece of cake but good luck on installing the rears.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
Originally posted by david smilovic
I would suggest eibach sport lines and Koni adjustables .Its not a cheap date but handling is superb,wheel hop the same,give or take a few%.Dave S.

Hey, thanks for all the replies...

David,
My problem is I have the Koni adjustables and springs on my 95GT and feel like I can't run over a ant in the road without my CD skipping.....I need to turn the backs down a bit (soften them up) but the fronts are as soft as they will go.
I dunno...maybe I'm getting old (30) but I just can't take that crap any more :dw:
So, thats why I'm trying to see about lowering a 03 with out killing my ride quality.

Thanks
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread