Lowering Springs for 03

docs03

Established Member
Anyone planning on putting springs on to lower the car?? I am taking my car in to have the Eibach springs put in with a few other things (KB matrix w/super subs, Tri-ax shifter, KB strut tower brace). Any other choices out their?

I spoke to KB this past week and they are develpoing springs but they are real stiff. Roads here in Michigan aren't great and I don't need a chiropractor later! There is a company that does springs for the Mercedes AMG and BMW M series, but they have nothing yet.

Any input would appreciated.
Thanks

SVTyballz

Established Member
This car handles so sweetly, I don't think that I am going to touch the suspension. The only thing I have thought about is putting the coupe springs and struts/shocks on my vert. Other than MM full-length subs, that's it. I do think that maybe another 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch lower might help it's look. But the car handles so neutral right now, I don't want to change that. Let us know how the new springs affect the overall feel. Tracks times(road course) would be a good comparison. hehehehehe.

gary

03DOHC

Established Member
I don't have my car yet, but I have looked at a Black Coupe at my local dealer. I think it's just right, IMO.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
docs03...

Where are going to take your car for the spring job? I know Classic Designs does springs and they are located by you. Let me know...I am thinking of using Livernois engineering for my mods...they are in Dearborn and they are a full service mod provider:burnout:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I was thinking about doing springs, but the only way I would go is buy the coil-over kit for the bilsteins from Maximum Motorsports and the use coil-over springs instead of the standard stock springs.

There is a large list of reason's I think coil-overs are better, but the main resons are:
1) you can adjust ride-height at anytime
2) they are located at a more efficient place directly inline with the connection between the lower A-arm and the body
3) easier to install
4) If you ever decide to go with a Tubular K-Member they are required anyway

Silver 03 Cobra

tofast4u, does MM have these available? I would think this would drop a lot of weight. A set of four springs is heavy. I lowered my 99 and 01 Cobras with KB springs.

One thing to remember is you change your alignment if you start raising and lowering your car.

docs03

Established Member
Detroit Sppedshops

Snakebite, I take my cars to Walsh Motrosports in Wixom. Don Walsh Jr. is a good friend of mine. He does very good work at fair prices. He stands behind his work too.

E-mail me and I can let you know more.

Thanks
Raj

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
They should they swear by bilstein it is what they use in all of there packages. Only thing is they are more expensive then standard springs, but I think they are worth it. I am planning on replacing my suspension with MM Maximum Grip package or Griggs Racing Suspension and they utilize a tubular K-member and A-arms that replace the factory slugs and weigh over 50 Ibs less you need to use coil-overs for it. I think Griggs makes the best suspension components but it is really a toss-up between Griggs and Maximum Motorsports.

Here is the information on the MM Front Coil-overs
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/coilover.html

Here is Griggs prices for the Front Coil-Overs
http://www.griggsracing.com/fr_co_hard.html

Here is Griggs prices for the Rear Coil-Overs

http://www.griggsracing.com/rear_c_o.html

HAVEIGHT 13R

Established Member
I have the kenny Brown strut tower brace I think it makes a huge differnce. I belive it was like $170 I bought the first one when I got my car I drove right over to his shop and he measured my car to make one right there it took about two weeks and now its here. He's talking about putting springs on my car, this week. I need to get back with them about that here today or tomorrow. the strut tower brace is a great piece I post some pictures later for everyone to see.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread