lowering radiator hose?

termcobra281

Established Member
I am in the process of running the head cooling mod, and I am going to run a cobra engineering crossover delete set up. With that said since I will have a upper thermostat I would like to get rid of my lower thermostat and just run a hose directly into the lower radiator. Has anyone got rid of the lower thermostat and had good results? If so what radiator hose works best. thanks for any input.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You only need one thermostat. So if you're running the one in the crossover delete you should definitely delete the lower set up. I think some people use a lower hose from a GT, but don't quote me on that. Your best bet might be to figure out a general length and shape and then hit up the parts store.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if you search the crossover delete posts they've said which hose to use. I think the terminator housing on the block is a little different than my Mach 1, all I had to do was trim one end of a GT lower hose a bit and it worked perfect.

termcobra281

Established Member
You only need one thermostat. So if you're running the one in the crossover delete you should definitely delete the lower set up. I think some people use a lower hose from a GT, but don't quote me on that. Your best bet might be to figure out a general length and shape and then hit up the parts store.
thanks. Exactly what I was planning on doing, I was hoping might have a part number for the lower hose. I wasnt sure what year GT people was using.

termcobra281

Established Member
if you search the crossover delete posts they've said which hose to use. I think the terminator housing on the block is a little different than my Mach 1, all I had to do was trim one end of a GT lower hose a bit and it worked perfect.
great info. What year GT hose did you run?

Users who are viewing this thread