Lowering Kits?

CobraTerritory

Merica
Established Member
i have an 07 FX2 and i want to lower it some. im seeing ground force and DJM. im looking for a 5 inch drop in the rear and as much as i can do in the front without modification. the DJM website says that the 3 1/2 inch drop in the front might have clearance problems with the tires. i would do the eibach kit but it does not drop the rear end enough. ground force has a 2/5 drop and im leaning towards that. has anyone used any of these kits?? any help would be awesome.

J.R.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
CobraTerritory said:
i have an 07 FX2 and i want to lower it some. im seeing ground force and DJM. im looking for a 5 inch drop in the rear and as much as i can do in the front without modification. the DJM website says that the 3 1/2 inch drop in the front might have clearance problems with the tires. i would do the eibach kit but it does not drop the rear end enough. ground force has a 2/5 drop and im leaning towards that. has anyone used any of these kits?? any help would be awesome.

J.R.

If you do a 2/5 drop, you may have driveshaft problems.

Are you doing it for looks, performance, or both?

CobraTerritory

Merica
Established Member
im doing it to get rid of the nasty rake so looks and IMO an FX2 Sport model should have came lower than they made it. it sits almost as high as the FX4. please expand on the potential driveshaft issue??

spike_africa

Established Member
I had a 2/4 drop on my old truck 99f150 and it was plently of drop. Use whatever you like there all pretty much the same really. Only think that could make a difference is the front spring rates.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
CobraTerritory said:
im doing it to get rid of the nasty rake so looks and IMO an FX2 Sport model should have came lower than they made it. it sits almost as high as the FX4. please expand on the potential driveshaft issue??

The lower you drop, the smaller the DS angle. The smaller the DS angle, the shorter the distance between the transmission and the rear end. If you go too low, the driveshaft gets too long for the space and you could ultimately run into joint issues.

Users who are viewing this thread